PDA

View Full Version : I struggle with re-sprays...

WRAPT C5Z06
02-04-2013, 12:59 PM
The majority of cars I work with are daily drivers. Most have been re-sprayed, at least some of the panels. On the factory finish, I can normally get a marr free finish. When it comes to the re-painted panels, it's just not the same! It's frustrating getting some of the car to finish nicely, while other parts not to my liking. Re-sprays always seem to be on the softer side, IME.

Wheelzntoys
02-04-2013, 01:10 PM
True, in the area I live resprays are usually real low quality. There are many yards selling salvage title vehicles.

Seen some from NY that were salvaged due to floods being repaired.

Mike Phillips
02-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Re-sprays always seem to be on the softer side, IME.

This is why Meguiar's targeted and formulated their MF DA Correction System at cars with factory finishes. More consistent paint jobs from the factory and harder paint overall.

:)

Bill220
02-04-2013, 02:18 PM
As you know, mine is a re-spray and I've had a heck of a time with marring. The shop that painted my car does lots of show quality work and they don't use cheap materials so it can't be that in my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRAPT C5Z06
02-04-2013, 02:43 PM
As you know, mine is a re-spray and I've had a heck of a time with marring. The shop that painted my car does lots of show quality work and they don't use cheap materials so it can't be that in my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you're getting a re-spray, I think you have to request for a hard clear coat(more expensive), otherwise you'll get the "normal" clear coat, which tends to be on softer side. I thought I heard this, but I could be wrong.