PDA

View Full Version : In this episode of "At The Carwash"...

runrun411
02-04-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm at the car wash about to go through the waterless wash. I notice that a lot of other cars are in line to go through the soft touch wash. A guy who works there helps me as i'm having problems with the pay machine. I say to him 'I see all those people in line at the soft touch wash, they don't know those things scratch you car'. He replies with "no they don't scratch".

Uh boy... I just say thanks and pull into the touchless.

When I get out I pull over to dry my car (with my waffle weave of course) I also pull out a pressure sprayer with ONR to wipe off the car. As I spray and wipe the car I wonder. Why are these people looking at me so strange?

Tell your weird car wash story.

cartman57
02-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Soft touch= no scratches? Yea right!
The brushes (or whatever they use) hover microns above the surface to wisk away any dirt while it's guided by laser beams focused over the entire vehicle to precisely pinpoint the curves letting the computer know in advance how to adjust.:joking:

In the future maybe..............back to reality!

Strange looks? What were you wearing?:laughing:

runrun411
02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Soft touch= no scratches? Yea right!
The brushes (or whatever they use) hover microns above the surface to wisk away any dirt while it's guided by laser beams focused over the entire vehicle to precisely pinpoint the curves letting the computer know in advance how to adjust.:joking:

In the future maybe..............back to reality!

Strange looks? What were you wearing?:laughing:

12 microfiber towels (while everyone else had filthy ones, a pressure sprayer).
Maybe that's why. LOL

BobbyG
02-04-2013, 12:01 PM
A few times during the winter I will use the car wash but the manual bay and only the rinse option.

I bring my rubber gloves, 5 gallon bucket full of soapy hot water, wash mitt's, wash brush for the roof of my truck, scrub brushes, tire cleaner, and Guzzler towels.......yea, I get plenty of looks...:laughing:

runrun411
02-04-2013, 12:14 PM
A few times during the winter I will use the car wash but the manual bay and only the rinse option.

I bring my rubber gloves, 5 gallon bucket full of soapy hot water, wash mitt's, wash brush for the roof of my truck, scrub brushes, tire cleaner, and Guzzler towels.......yea, I get plenty of looks...:laughing:

You my friend are a genius. I thought of doing that many times but thought I may be crazy and being that I never see anyone bring cleaning items to the wash because there is a lousy scratchy brush there I would look as crazy as I thought I may have been. Once again us OCD car people is the new 'normal'. From now on I will byohw (bring my own hot water). LOL

swanicyouth
02-04-2013, 12:26 PM

Bobby, I do something similar. I even bring my Werner Work Platform.

Here is a pick I took of my stuff all loaded up once:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/05/abenahyn.jpg

Usually, I'm the only one there for any period of time. I never saw anything weird though. Except one time I got in the front seat of my car an peed in an empty bottle. Really had to go that time.

BobbyG
02-04-2013, 12:29 PM
I like the Werner platform idea and the next time I go it'll be with me!! :props:

Klasse Act
02-04-2013, 12:52 PM
I have a carwash by my work and have taken it through twice due to heavy dirt/salt and guess what....no scratgches or swirls, took my fiance's Mazda 6 through beforfe too, no problems. Am I going to make a habit out of it, no, but there are some good ones out there. This particular one has no brushes, just the long strips.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

weekendwarrior
02-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm thinking about running hot water to my outdoor faucet...figure 9 bucks at the touchless, spend about the same at the house using hot water or warm water mix.

Mazda.Mark
02-04-2013, 01:30 PM
I use the water only on the paint and soap for wheels/tires/rocker panels. Followed by AquaWax or WW if needed.

Luckily I haven't corrected the paint on my car since I have owned it so it doesn't irk me too much running it through a car wash....for now.

BrutalNoodle
02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
What I saw yesterday while cleaning the car...

An armed force recruiter neighbor cleaning off sticker residue on his hood with this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31czwgb2NpL._SS500_.jpg

No, not with the content, but with the bottom of the aerosol itself. Yes, the metallic base. Rub rub rub rub!!!!!!

No, I'm not exaggerating. I asked him if it's a company car and he said no - it's his personal vehicle. '08 Civic 4-door.

Mazda.Mark
02-04-2013, 02:43 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time tell him a steak knife is good for peeling off decals too.

BrutalNoodle
02-04-2013, 03:59 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time tell him a steak knife is good for peeling off decals too.

Seriously. It stopped me dead in my tracks.

I had just finished swapping in a new radiator and wiping down the grill when I saw him strolled across the lot with a bucket & a chamois. He complimented on how clean my wagon is. I said thank you that's when I saw him peeled off what looked to be a bumper sticker on the hood and started going to town with the can... :eek:

EddieF
02-04-2013, 04:50 PM

I do the same thing, everyone stares at me with all the stuff I have.