PDA

View Full Version : detailing bag

Pages : [1] 2

chevycruze
02-03-2013, 10:01 PM
does anyone on here have a autogeek brand, or other brand detailing bag for their own personal use? Im looking into getting one before my trip to daytona beach in two weeks for speedweeks and im hoping for alot of insight on this topic. Mainly looking for how roomy you think it is? what you like about it? what you dont like? Things like that. I wanna know what you "as other car enthusiasts" think about one of these branded detailing bags available on autogeek.net. Thanks in advance =]

BobbyG
02-03-2013, 10:08 PM
This is the one I have...

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Christmas%20Haul/ChristmasDetailingHaul201102.jpg

This bag is nicely designed and very rugged. All of the external pockets are idea for 16 ounce side bottles and sprayers and a Porter Cable style buffer fits easily inside. A metal bar is incorporated in it's design making it a perfect carry handle.....

chevycruze
02-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Oh thats a nice bag from autogeek. I think i came across this one before. How many towels can you fit into this bag, or have you tried? Im curious for all types of things since im heading to daytona and taking detailing supplies to keep the rental car looking good.

cardaddy
02-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Hey Bobby, you know how to tell when your old?

When you look at your photo and say to yourself, "tell Bobby those dining chairs are cool". :laughing: :rolleyes:

(BTW, we have an old set we're not using that's similar, just reminded me of them)

Andr3wilson
02-03-2013, 11:22 PM
These bags are worth the money. Really strong and sturdy.

In the bottom compartment you can fit roughly 15-20 towels depending how you pack them.

8 bottoms around the outside, 4 on the inside.

Inside compartment is very roomy. You can stand things up or even as Bobby said put a PC in there.

chevycruze
02-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Sounds like my kind of bag then =]. I noticed just now they have different styles and sizes. Which one shall i go with for the best room but at a good price?

Andr3wilson
02-04-2013, 12:25 AM
I have the Pinnacle one, its the same as DP, wolfgang, etc, just different labels. I love mine!

chevycruze
02-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks Andr3wilson. I did see them all just a week ago when you posted this and said the same thing lol. I went ahead and bought the $60 AG one. Im heading to daytona this weekend on the 16th of feb...and need a big enough bag to fit all my essentials =].

GS2011
02-10-2013, 03:55 PM
I have the Wolfgang version. Very well-made, strong, and roomy.

Andr3wilson
02-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Thanks Andr3wilson. I did see them all just a week ago when you posted this and said the same thing lol. I went ahead and bought the $60 AG one. Im heading to daytona this weekend on the 16th of feb...and need a big enough bag to fit all my essentials =].

AWESOME :dblthumb2:

chevycruze
02-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Yup =]. If your gonna try to be a professional detailer...we need to act like it lol. Might as well start with a detailing bag. BTW...love the mercedes =]. I love sports cars too along with exotics and muscles..i prefer muscle but exotics have a good spot in my soul too. Im mostly a chevy guy but i like others too. Definately no ford person but i had the money i would buy the 67 shelby gt500 a.k.a Eleanor. That is one car thats on my wishlist haha

Andr3wilson
02-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Yup =]. If your gonna try to be a professional detailer...we need to act like it lol. Might as well start with a detailing bag. BTW...love the mercedes =]. I love sports cars too along with exotics and muscles..i prefer muscle but exotics have a good spot in my soul too. Im mostly a chevy guy but i like others too. Definately no ford person but i had the money i would buy the 67 shelby gt500 a.k.a Eleanor. That is one car thats on my wishlist haha

Thanks a lot!! Although you need to know, shes no high pitched exotic with an active exhaust. She growls, pops, and bangs all the time!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-_9eE67ZQ8]2011 C63 exhaust note - YouTube[/video]

I love Chevys too! For my new (used) workhorse I am getting, It will be a GM product no doubt. The Eleanor is a really head turner!

Crazy Diamond
02-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I have the AG bag, lots of room and looks professional.

g35_coupe
02-10-2013, 07:02 PM
I bought the large rolling Husky bag from HD for my headlight jobs. It was $60 and we'll worth it. I would have a hard time buying a bag that I couldn't check out in person. Heavy duty zippers and fabric. 6 pockets on the outside ends, 4 small on the front, large flap pocket on the front, and 6 or 8 pockets on the inside. Get several compliments on it. Wheels and legs also keep the bottom from getting wet from wet sanding.

18 in. Rolling Tool Tote-85568-1N10 at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Tool-Storage-Bags-Cases-Bucket-Storage/h_d1/N-5yc1vZc2g6/R-202353445/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051)

fenderpicks
02-10-2013, 07:06 PM
im voting for the rupes bag =]