PDA

View Full Version : Mecedes Benz new '13 CLA - starting at $29,900

dooyaunastan
02-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Mercedes-Benz 2013 Super Bowl Commercial (Extended Cut): "Soul" - YouTube

Any commercial with Willem Dafoe's gotta be good.

However, a turbo-4 putting out 208/258 seems kinda flimsy. Great looking car, but they're going to be everywhere.

vegas911gts
02-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Looks like a nice looking car. Every 30 and under single guy with a MBA is going to own one. AMG model of course is going to be the one to get.

umana2482
02-03-2013, 07:56 PM
I like it.

Sent from my PC36100 using AG Online

Pureshine
02-03-2013, 08:22 PM
I like it a lot to bad price will be more like $38k starting :(

Fation
02-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Ill be one of the first to see this car come into the states. I work at the corporate dealership. Ill be sure to take some pictures for all of you.

Radarryan
02-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Looks like a nice looking car. Every 30 and under single guy with a MBA is going to own one. AMG model of course is going to be the one to get.

Hey man, I'm under 30 with a masters and I won't be getting one. I, of course, opted for the 911, which I'm sure you approve of!

Back the the Benz, I'm with you - I wouldn't touch the car unless it was AMG. If you go with the standard Mercedes, it's too smooth with no drivers feedback, in my opinion. I will give it this, though: nice lines.

Fation
02-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Hey man, I'm under 30 with a masters and I won't be getting one. I, of course, opted for the 911, which I'm sure you approve of!

Back the the Benz, I'm with you - I wouldn't touch the car unless it was AMG. If you go with the standard Mercedes, it's too smooth with no drivers feedback, in my opinion. I will give it this, though: nice lines.

Good point. I've driven every Mercedes and only the AMG's are great. Not all of them. But most of the AMG. For example the cl63 amg has no steering feel. I guess they weren't all made for the driver enthusiasts.

Andr3wilson
02-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Good point. I've driven every Mercedes and only the AMG's are great. Not all of them. But most of the AMG. For example the cl63 amg has no steering feel. I guess they weren't all made for the driver enthusiasts.

+1 on the CL63. Drives like a normal MB

This car will be really awesome in an AMG. Cool to see what renntech can do with this!

Shortspark
02-03-2013, 11:58 PM
What concerns me is the price point. The C class was popular before but now everyone will have a MB. I want brand selectivity and I don't want to see a Benz around every corner. If things keep going this way the three pointed star will no longer have any significance, just like the Cadillac Crest has lost its significance. I see more SRXs on the roads than the Camry! Keep the quality up to traditional MB standards and keep the price in line to match those standards. Unfortunately, what usually happens is that there is a direct line correlation between the two when prices drop. And by all means, offer the turbo diesel in all models as an option for those that want it, if for no other reason than to continue to set apart from all the others.

I bought a new 2012 ML350 last May and it has been the best car I have ever owned - bar none. This year marks my 50th anniversary of driving cars on my own so you can bet I've had a lot of them, trucks too. If I were a younger man I would love the AMGs but refined utility with a splash of elegance and comfort are all that I am looking for now. The standard M series fits that bill nicely. Besides, I no longer can trust my instincts and coordination like I use to in order to take advantage of AMG. Incidentally, the steering is just fine, especially at higher speeds when it firms up. However, I admit it could be a tad firmer and more to the road between 5-20 mph but at those speeds who really cares? In fact, at those speeds I'd rather have it loose and easy.

The bottom line is if Mercedes begins to cater to the masses by selling products worth less than $50,000, its decline from what it represents today is just a matter of time.

vegas911gts
02-04-2013, 02:29 AM
What concerns me is the price point. The C class was popular before but now everyone will have a MB. I want brand selectivity and I don't want to see a Benz around every corner. If things keep going this way the three pointed star will no longer have any significance, just like the Cadillac Crest has lost its significance. I see more SRXs on the roads than the Camry! Keep the quality up to traditional MB standards and keep the price in line to match those standards. Unfortunately, what usually happens is that there is a direct line correlation between the two when prices drop. And by all means, offer the turbo diesel in all models as an option for those that want it, if for no other reason than to continue to set apart from all the others.

I bought a new 2012 ML350 last May and it has been the best car I have ever owned - bar none. This year marks my 50th anniversary of driving cars on my own so you can bet I've had a lot of them, trucks too. If I were a younger man I would love the AMGs but refined utility with a splash of elegance and comfort are all that I am looking for now. The standard M series fits that bill nicely. Besides, I no longer can trust my instincts and coordination like I use to in order to take advantage of AMG. Incidentally, the steering is just fine, especially at higher speeds when it firms up. However, I admit it could be a tad firmer and more to the road between 5-20 mph but at those speeds who really cares? In fact, at those speeds I'd rather have it loose and easy.

The bottom line is if Mercedes begins to cater to the masses by selling products worth less than $50,000, its decline from what it represents today is just a matter of time.

To me, mercedes quality went down after they stopped making the W124 E series. Those cars were built like a tank. And AMG should work on better handling cars and not only for the black series.

cartman57
02-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Great marketing! If someone was looking at getting a domestic car for the same base price, who wouldn't want the ability to get a MB?
At least it'll get people into the showrooms, then it up to the sales department......