PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang PPE as AIO?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-03-2013, 01:04 PM
I am needing to do some minor correction work and take care of some minor water spotting on my '11 black wagon. Can PPE be used as a minor AIO as CG BL would be used? I dont want to get into a polishing session because of Superbowl Sunday. I was thinking PPE on a polishing pad along with DGPS on a finishing pad.

Thoughts?

mwoolfso
02-03-2013, 01:54 PM
It's possible a pre-wax cleaner can remove some water spotting; probably won't eliminate it 100%. I wouldn't call it an AIO since no protection is left after application.

BobbyG
02-03-2013, 02:01 PM
PPE = Personal Protection Equipment?
AIO = All in One
CG = Chemical Guys
BL= Black Light
DGPS = Duragloss ??

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-03-2013, 02:09 PM
It's possible a pre-wax cleaner can remove some water spotting; probably won't eliminate it 100%. I wouldn't call it an AIO since no protection is left after application.

Im on track with you. I want to use WG PPE more or less as an AIO but finish with WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Right now I just want to clean up the car a bit and put some protection on it as it will be used a bit more than normal for the next month. I plan on doing a full correction come spring time anyway.

DGPS = Duragloss ??

WGDGPS

Chris's FX4
02-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I say go for it and let us know the results. I've used it once by hand simply as a cleanser, so I can't comment on if it really does have any correction abilities.

This is Mike's review on it: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/21425-wolfgang-paintwork-polish-enhancer-review-how.html

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-03-2013, 02:33 PM
I say go for it and let us know the results. I've used it once by hand simply as a cleanser, so I can't comment on if it really does have any correction abilities.

This is Mike's review on it: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/21425-wolfgang-paintwork-polish-enhancer-review-how.html

Thanks for the link Chris! Looks like it was used almost like WGFG in that he went the normal 4-6 section passes. Im going to do the same. I understand that I wont get perfect correction but I am trading the polishing ability of WGFG for more of an AIO of PPE even though I wont get any protection from it. I want a product that will allow me to work it in and then I can buff it off after it dries after completing the whole car.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Well PPE does have some minor correction ability to it but when used as directed and letting it dry to a haze it becomes really difficult to wipe off. Wipe off after drying now feels like trying to wipe of a dried on polish. I have now used Eraser to help get the product off. I was using a 3401 with a Meguiar's yellow polishing pad on speed 4 along with 4-6 passes.

I will now be using CG BL for the rest of the car.

cleanmycorolla
03-20-2013, 12:29 AM
^^PPE shouldnt sit or setup to haze really long, myself i usually apply and wipe withn 2-3 min, does the same job and easy off. i assume when you let it dry to a haze for more than 10min, if so prob too long. try removing quicker next time is my guess! good luck

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-20-2013, 09:50 AM
^^PPE shouldnt sit or setup to haze really long, myself i usually apply and wipe withn 2-3 min, does the same job and easy off. i assume when you let it dry to a haze for more than 10min, if so prob too long. try removing quicker next time is my guess! good luck

Maybe I shouldnt have waited for the product to dry. Will give it another whirl on my Camry and see what I get.

cleanmycorolla
03-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Maybe I shouldnt have waited for the product to dry. Will give it another whirl on my Camry and see what I get.

it's not so much in wanting it not to dry, but its more about just not letting it sit long. Apply, give it 2-3 min to sit, at most IMO then wipe away. I've never had any issues with paint cleaners like PPE by following this rule.:xyxthumbs: