PDA

View Full Version : How long to work Opti Poli-Seal??

Surfer
02-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Been out of the loop for awhile, used to use Opti Polish and Compound which you could work and work. For Poli-Seal with a finishing pad how long should it be worked like per panel/section etc?

Vegas Transplant
02-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Work until it's gone. Barely, if any, residue left unless oversaturated.

Surfer
02-02-2013, 02:30 PM
cool thanks

Vegas Transplant
02-02-2013, 04:12 PM
I don't know if you already have on hand, but if not then GPS has a little more cut.
OPS is pretty much a cleaner sealant with limited correction ability. I believe that it was reformulated in '12, with mold inhibitor - but I'm not quite sure.
One of my favorites from the OPT line.

Surfer
02-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Cars new so just wanted to use it as a finishing polish. Stuff worked awesome, white edge finishing pad and took care of water marks that claying didnt remove abd some faint swirling (black car). It worked in pretty fast, for some reason I was thinking it'd be a little similar to their polishes in the sense of long working times. Just put on some WG DGS 3.0, going to buff it and check it out in the morning. Fun getting back into detailing, back is sore lol.

Vegas Transplant
02-02-2013, 10:14 PM
I use it quite often. Did a black '12 Cayenne with OPS in the summer sun. Not swirled, but filthy paint. Cleaned and sealed the paint nicely. Topped with OOS and OCW.

Surfer
02-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Forgot to take a pic today, but car looks awesome, deep wet black, but when the sun hits the flake pops like crazy. Poli-Seal, WGDGS 3.0, and used AquaWax today = winning. Awesome combo. Even my fiance could tell a difference and she was never into detailing or anything.