PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars APC+ discontinued?

Pages : [1] 2

mark98xlt
02-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Went to my local supplies stores that are paint supplies stores that carry meguiars products, I have been wanting to try the apc+ with my new tornado black I got for Christmas to see what the rave about the product is and if its truly as good as everyone says..

Now the both stores carry meguiars apc D101.. That's not an issue getting at all I then ask if they can order from their distributor the D103 the meguiars apc+ they search to order it and no such luck not showing up.. I've had both places call meguiars direct and the reply I get back is "it's been discontinued"

I've read various threads between here and the meguiars forums stating it was discontinued but its not and its verified but meguiars employees themselves but this is the past year or so..

So what's the deal?!

ziggo99
02-01-2013, 06:47 PM
No way. It had to be their biggest seller from their Detailer Line. But, adding to the rumor mill, I was told today that All Season Dressing can't be sold in Illinois anymore due to new VOC laws.

SON1C
02-01-2013, 06:47 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/59309-son1c-synopsis-21-chemical-guys-allclean-review.html
Just get this i like it much better than apc+

As for the rumour there is no way it's discontinued, I imagine its one of their top sellers

UltimateDetail
02-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Just a big mix up, but you can order it here on the geek all the time.

mark98xlt
02-01-2013, 07:21 PM
I work in the shipping industry (ups) kind of not a fan of shipping stuff due to seeing how we as a company handle boxes at times.. I'm just an in store kind of guy plus shipping is redic priced these days

mark98xlt
02-01-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm just trying this meguiars stuff, I do like their polishes and compounds etc, for most stuff I use our local brand here in Ohio which has left me shocked at what all of their products claim to do, they are awesome and decently priced!

I used to think it was jobber stuff for dealerships but was wrong, their degreasers and washes and waxes and compounds have almost taken me from buying any other product line..

Www.ohioautosupply.com

Setec Astronomy
02-01-2013, 07:39 PM
I work in the shipping industry (ups) kind of not a fan of shipping stuff due to seeing how we as a company handle boxes at times.. I'm just an in store kind of guy plus shipping is redic priced these days

Ha ha, pretty funny comments coming from someone who works for UPS!

PS that link you posted will get you a time-out, I'd edit it out if I were you.

rmagnus
02-01-2013, 07:41 PM
So what's the deal?!

Naw still available. Just attended a class at their HQ and they were touting it. Good stuff.

mark98xlt
02-01-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm not trying to piss anyone off with the link, don't work for them or anything or trying to take any business away from them?

I just called the hotline and they couldn't even give me a list of retailers that would carry it or answer my question

SON1C
02-01-2013, 08:24 PM
I've never found megs to have good customer service over the phone or email, mothers (as I view direct competitor with megs) has incredible customer service..

CM8 6MT
02-01-2013, 08:53 PM
I've never found megs to have good customer service over the phone or email, mothers (as I view direct competitor with megs) has incredible customer service..

Maybe a direct competitor at the consumer level Sonic. As far as Meg's polishes & compounds, theres no comparison IMO. (And I own many Mother's products).

SON1C
02-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Maybe a direct competitor at the consumer level Sonic. As far as Meg's polishes & compounds, theres no comparison IMO. (And I own many Mother's products).
thats what I was mainly referring to, I've never used mothers polishes, they don't get much buzz either, which would make one assume they were not top notch

CM8 6MT
02-01-2013, 09:22 PM
thats what I was mainly referring to, I've never used mothers polishes, they don't get much buzz either, which would make one assume they were not top notch

Not sure if they are out yet but theres a new 2013 Mother's Polish line up. From my understanding is that they are for Rotary use only. It would be interesting if they made some DA compatible compounds like Megs. Not sure why they are not following the lead.

cleanmycorolla
02-01-2013, 09:39 PM

the mother 3 step system is pretty good! for the price, nothing beats their paste wax imo....

SON1C
02-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Not sure if they are out yet but theres a new 2013 Mother's Polish line up. From my understanding is that they are for Rotary use only. It would be interesting if they made some DA compatible compounds like Megs. Not sure why they are not following the lead.
yeah I agree.. rotaries are out! DAs ftw

the mother 3 step system is pretty good! for the price, nothing beats their paste wax imo....

we're referring to polishes
mothers 3 step is a great combo, mothers pure nuba is the best otc wax imo