PDA

View Full Version : Question about cleaning glass

klumzypinoy
05-06-2007, 01:02 AM
I was cleaning interior glass and it was cold outside. When I was done the windows were fogging up from my breathing I believe, and I could see streaks from the passes of the microfiber, but when the fog's gone it's clear. I used Stoner's Invisible Glass and a microfiber waffle weave. Is this normal?

scoobnewb007
05-06-2007, 01:18 AM
I had the same experience, I used stoner's and MF towel to clean all the windows.
It look awesome at night and day, clean as it can be. Then when i got cold, turned on heater and the interior started to fog up, massive trailing of the towels and plenty of streaks.

I am about to grab some news paper and see if this will happen.

klumzypinoy
05-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Ok I'm not alone!!! :) I think I'm just super OCD...haha. Too bad I don't have any newspaper at home. I'm just scared of having something caught in the paper and dragging it across the windows.

JBs
05-06-2007, 12:54 PM
lol iwas just going to make a post about this. it's soo annoying!

klumzypinoy
05-06-2007, 01:52 PM
lol iwas just going to make a post about this. it's soo annoying!

IT IS! grrrrrrrrr :mad:
Oh well, gotta live with it.

sparkie
05-06-2007, 08:58 PM
IT IS! grrrrrrrrr :mad:
Oh well, gotta live with it.
Yep I do! lol! I see the same thing.

klumzypinoy
05-08-2007, 02:53 AM
Yep I do! lol! I see the same thing.

It's so hard to ignore it though lol. It just bugs me :(

BILL
05-08-2007, 07:35 AM
It's so hard to ignore it though lol. It just bugs me :(

DO YOU USE STONERS ON YOUR TINT WINDOWS???:confused:

klumzypinoy
05-09-2007, 12:08 AM
DO YOU USE STONERS ON YOUR TINT WINDOWS???:confused:

I'm assuming they're safe on tint because it doesn't contain ammonia.

BILL
05-09-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm assuming they're safe on tint because it doesn't contain ammonia.

RIGHT...........Thanks...

Al-53
05-09-2007, 08:04 AM
If you want clean glass...first use a MF glass towel..they are sorta silky and leave no trails like a knapped one will....

second ..here is a home made cleaner that works....

Homemade Glass Cleaner Recipe

Mix in a sprayer bottle:

1 cup rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol
1 cup water
1 tablespoon white vinegar

most glass cleaners are just water and Alc

as far as a commercial glass cleaner...SPRAYWAY is tops...and also a cleaner called System Clean "glass and window cleaner"...just as good as Sprayway..and cheap by the case....both products have a grease cutter in them that eliminate the streaking .....

AL

greg'sgoat
05-09-2007, 08:18 AM
I think it has something to do with the cleaner. I get streaks and fog with Dimondite and Megs GC, but nothing with DP Krystal Vision. Granted in Florida at this time of year, the only thing to cause fog would be a stormy day and a warm interior, but the DP is the only thing I have found that does not streak or fog in the winter or summer.

Disclaimer: This is only my opinion and what works for me. This is not an attack on any product.....please don't send a lynch mob.

klumzypinoy
05-10-2007, 03:24 AM
If you want clean glass...first use a MF glass towel..they are sorta silky and leave no trails like a knapped one will....

second ..here is a home made cleaner that works....

Homemade Glass Cleaner Recipe

Mix in a sprayer bottle:

1 cup rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol
1 cup water
1 tablespoon white vinegar

most glass cleaners are just water and Alc

as far as a commercial glass cleaner...SPRAYWAY is tops...and also a cleaner called System Clean "glass and window cleaner"...just as good as Sprayway..and cheap by the case....both products have a grease cutter in them that eliminate the streaking .....

AL

Thanks AL! I will need that when I'm in a money pinch, or in any pinch for that matter :). Have you used the Cobra glass towel? I'm just wondering if that one's silky. If you have used one and it's not silky, where can I find a silky one?

Gregsgoat, thanks for the info. I was thinking about getting some DP Krystal Vision sometime. I won't send a lynch mob to you if it still shows MF towel trails when it fogs up :D