PDA

View Full Version : Another How to: wash car

Pages : [1] 2 3

drdellorama
05-05-2007, 09:57 PM
hello fellow member, i just did a write up for how to wash car,
it's in another forum though, here's the link if you guys are interested:

i don't know if this violates the forum rules, if it does, forgive me, i did use some AG product though
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=76710.0

comments or feedbacks are welcome

ehuth1
05-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Nice job !! Love the break out of all the OTC products. Theres no problem with any of those products and everything turned out awesome.

If anyones looking for a low-budget personal detailing combo look no further.

Loved the simple green test in the foam gun!

JBs
05-05-2007, 10:23 PM
lol at simple green in the foam gun

turned out nice, good job!

drdellorama
05-05-2007, 10:39 PM
lol yea i wanted to test out simple green on wheels and wheel wells.
it actually cleans it up real nicely!
my wheel wells are also clean, without any agitation!

klumzypinoy
05-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Oh man nice write up. I should get that cheap foam gun haha. I've seen it in Lowe's but never thought of buying it. I really like the presoak method. I bet it really reduces any marring. How come your Shmitt has a string attached to it? Mine doesn't have that :p and it's not white anymore, it's turning darker, but it works great still.

drdellorama
05-06-2007, 01:21 AM
yea edge replaced my old one cause the foam/glue was coming off, they sent me new one with the strings, it must be a newer model.

i want to buy the Real foam gun, but i can't afford it right now, it's eventually will be mine, when it's on sale, hahah

klumzypinoy
05-06-2007, 01:31 AM
yea edge replaced my old one cause the foam/glue was coming off, they sent me new one with the strings, it must be a newer model.

i want to buy the Real foam gun, but i can't afford it right now, it's eventually will be mine, when it's on sale, hahah

Cool deal on the Shmitt. I want a real foam gun too. Does the cheap foam gun make u run out of soap quickly in the resovoir?

drdellorama
05-06-2007, 01:50 AM
actually no, i put like 1/4 soap on the bottle, and there's still some suds left when i finish covering the whole car.

klumzypinoy
05-06-2007, 02:00 AM
Cool, I think I'm gonna pick one up sometime soon :)

The Edge
05-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Oh man nice write up. I should get that cheap foam gun haha. I've seen it in Lowe's but never thought of buying it. I really like the presoak method. I bet it really reduces any marring. How come your Shmitt has a string attached to it? Mine doesn't have that :p and it's not white anymore, it's turning darker, but it works great still.

WOW you've got a great eye for DETAIL, no pun intended!:awesome: I make the ShMiTT and I did not even notice the string on that until you mentioned it! The soft string is an idea we are developing to have the ShMiTT on a rope for easy hanging up for drying and also if some people don't like to wear a mitt on their hand they can still put their hand through the string and it will keep it from falling on the ground. It may cost a little more so we are still debating on making a new model with that option or just changing all ShMiTTs to have the string. We are also working to keep the costs down as low as possible through volume purchase of the string, automated lenght cutting and highspeed production of it into the process. What are your thoughts everyone??

BlackCoupe
05-06-2007, 10:35 AM
hello fellow member, i just did a write up for how to wash car,
it's in another forum though, here's the link if you guys are interested:

i don't know if this violates the forum rules, if it does, forgive me, i did use some AG product though
How To: Wash Your Car the right way! Lots of pictures inside (56 K, NO NO NO) (http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=76710.0)

comments or feedbacks are welcome

No grit guards???????

alban61
05-06-2007, 11:36 AM
WOW you've got a great eye for DETAIL, no pun intended!:awesome: I make the ShMiTT and I did not even notice the string on that until you mentioned it! The soft string is an idea we are developing to have the ShMiTT on a rope for easy hanging up for drying and also if some people don't like to wear a mitt on their hand they can still put their hand through the string and it will keep it from falling on the ground. It may cost a little more so we are still debating on making a new model with that option or just changing all ShMiTTs to have the string. We are also working to keep the costs down as low as possible through volume purchase of the string, automated lenght cutting and highspeed production of it into the process. What are your thoughts everyone??
Are you stringing us along?? :D
I love both my Shmitts!! Black and White/Yellow. I know you've read all the Shmitt talk, and the jokes made, because we love it!! :righton: But, a Shmitt with a string................. a string attached to a foam pad, kinda reminds me of a "feminine product".!! :p hee hee.
All in good fun!!
I stopped sliding my hand into the Shmitt. I just hold it now, and have had no problems with dropping it. It's easier that way too, if you need to flip it over and use the Yellow pad. Did I say this before?.....but I love my Shmitts!!

alban61
05-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Very nice write-up with pics on the Mazda Forum, drdellorama!! Loved the shot of the mini foam gun!! :D Nice comparison foaming pics too!

drdellorama
05-06-2007, 01:12 PM
thx everyone!
no, unfortunatly i don't have any grit guards.

The shmitt is great as always, and the strings makes drying the shmitt easier.

P1et
05-06-2007, 01:27 PM
That is an excellent write-up, loved it! Your method is almost exactly the same as mine with the same products as well!!!

The only thing I do different is that I don't wash off the soap that I sprayed on the truck after I went over it with the Lowe's Foam Gun. I was straight on top of it to have a bit more lube.

Apart from that, thanks for the write-up!