PDA

View Full Version : Iron X & Trix Q

BrianJ
02-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Quick ? on iron x & trix. Do the panels need to be wet before applying? Or, just apply on dry panel? Is it recommended to clay before or after iron x? TIA.

PiPUK
02-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Different people have different views. Mine is that the panels are probably best wet. In doing so, you will assist the product in penetrating into nooks and crannies, not to mention assisting it in spreading evenly over the surface without the need for using large amounts of product.

I should note that this would be specific to Iron-X and not Trix. The latter tends to need a lot of shaking to keep it from separating and stop the oil floating on top of the water phase. If you spray it onto a wet panel this separation is made much worse. Whilst it may not sound like an issue now that it is on the surface, what it does is it means that only one part of the product is actually in contact with the surface so it actually fails to do both iron and tar removal. So with Trix, make sure the surface is very dry and make sure you pretty much shake it constantly - otherwise you might find yourself disappointed.

HellaBroke
02-01-2013, 04:49 PM
No help with trix here..

Iron x I use after I wash and DRY everything I'm applying it to. The thoroughly rinse. Then clay....
IMO water is going to dilute the product. Now having said that I also keep a squirt bottle of water to mist the iron x after about 3-4 min if I'm worried about it drying before ironx gets full working effect.

Just my .02

mcmac
02-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Good evening folks,

On the subject of Iron X, does anyone know if this product can be purchased in local stores or is it primarily available on-line?

Thanks,

AutowerxDetailing
02-01-2013, 11:02 PM
I've never been able to find it anywhere local.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online