PDA

View Full Version : Mircofiber IMO...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

runrun411
02-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Not that I own every mircofiber towel ever made (although I do own quite a few, I'll post pictures really soon).

I think the the top 5 softest MF towels are:

1 Chinchillas
2 Adams double soft
3 Griot's green spray on car wash towels
4 AG's Super Soft Deluxe Blue Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges
5 Cobra's Deluxe Jr. 600

I heard a lot about those Boarderless Blond towels so I'm waiting for Zaino to get them in stock.

What's your opinion???

recline
02-01-2013, 08:04 AM
i use the ones from microfibertech they are 530 gsm and work really well.

ive also heard the pakshak ones are good but have yet to try them

AudiFL
02-01-2013, 08:08 AM
i use the ones from microfibertech they are 530 gsm and work really well.

:iagree: Even the 600 gsm work really well.

Setec Astronomy
02-01-2013, 08:51 AM
I heard a lot about those Boarderless Blond towels so I'm waiting for Zaino to get them in stock.

If you can't wait for them go to the Duragloss site and buy a Plush Microfiber Polishing Cloth if you want to see what the material is like, the DG towel has a much different construction though.

g26er
02-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Not that I own every mircofiber towel ever made (although I do own quite a few, I'll post pictures really soon).

I think the the top 5 softest MF towels are:

1 Chinchillas
2 Adams double soft
3 Griot's green spray on car wash towels
4 AG's Super Soft Deluxe Blue Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges
5 Cobra's Deluxe Jr. 600

What's your opinion???

Have you used the blue Griot's towels? How would you compare them to the green?

They looked the same to me other than color. I have the blue and really like them.

BrutalNoodle
02-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Without a doubt - Car Pro's BOA edgeless.

MF's 530 is an excellent towel. That and Autoality's purple towels (also Korean) are some of my favorites. Even so, the BOA is the towel I would reach for most.

Mazda.Mark
02-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Is the blue more for drying?

Wors
02-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Have you used the blue Griot's towels? How would you compare them to the green?

They looked the same to me other than color. I have the blue and really like them.

The blue and green are same MF just different colors.

spiralout462
02-01-2013, 11:48 AM
If you can't wait for them go to the Duragloss site and buy a Plush Microfiber Polishing Cloth if you want to see what the material is like, the DG towel has a much different construction though.

The DG polishing cloth is very unique. It is folded over and stiched I guess? I like it for a final wipe. It is very soft and thick!

Setec Astronomy
02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
The DG polishing cloth is very unique. It is folded over and stiched I guess? I like it for a final wipe. It is very soft and thick!

Yes, the actual MF material is very similar to the Zaino Blonde (but as you note the construction of the towel is not) yet very different than most MF towels. Another strange Zaino/DG coincidence. The only other MF product I have that has fibers like these two towels is the Bone wash sponge.

slimnib
02-01-2013, 12:03 PM
I am very confused with all the many towel made and sold.
Does anyone have a list what towel does what thing best.

What do you use to for the many appications in keep a car nice a clean?

Is there a link?

Thanks

BrutalNoodle
02-01-2013, 12:11 PM

Oh, geez...just when I promised myself Metropolitan's edgeless would be it.

Damn it, you guys.

BrutalNoodle
02-01-2013, 12:27 PM
I am very confused with all the many towel made and sold.
Does anyone have a list what towel does what thing best.

What do you use to for the many appications in keep a car nice a clean?

Is there a link?

Thanks

Personally, I buy different towels just to sample them. When it comes to usage, I try to keep it as simple as possible.

Interior/QD/Rinseless/Waterless - I like towels with long/thick naps; for trapping particles. AG's rolled edge is excellent for this. I switch between rolled edge & purple towels from Autoality.

Drying/buffing/waxing - Carpro's BOA. It's the softest & most luxurious in my inventory.

About glass - Just about any clean MF works for me. I have a set of waffle weaves, but often I grab which ever closest that's clean. Yeah, I'm being a little lazy here.

Wheels & door jams - Costco yellows.

g26er
02-01-2013, 12:31 PM
The blue and green are same MF just different colors.

Good to know. That's what I was thinking, but never knew for sure.

swanicyouth
02-01-2013, 12:40 PM
One very soft and nice towel that I never see mentioned is the MicroFiber Tech Korean 460 gsm. This towel is unusually soft and good for any paint use

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/02/urere7yg.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/02/4a9aqajy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/02/u6umezun.jpg