PDA

View Full Version : Undercarriage ??

oejeffrey
01-31-2013, 09:26 PM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m281/oejeffrey/20130130_152345.jpg
So behind the obviously beautifully well done wheel & tire you can see my recently treated undercarriage. It was sprayed down with G.G. Undercarriage spray.
Just for comparisons sake does anyone else make a similar product??

Robert8194
01-31-2013, 09:28 PM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m281/oejeffrey/20130130_152345.jpg
So behind the obviously beautifully well done wheel & tire you can see my recently treated undercarriage. It was sprayed down with G.G. Undercarriage spray.
Just for comparisons sake does anyone else make a similar product??

Chemical Guys Bare Bones is similar but I really prefer GG.

Pureshine
01-31-2013, 09:33 PM
I use P21s works great for cleaning.

ziggo99
01-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Meguiar's All Season Dressing works just as well.

oldmodman
01-31-2013, 10:47 PM
I use a four post lift to get under all my cars. Too old to crawl around on my back in the water under a car these days.

Depending on where it has been driven will determine what type of cleaning to give it.

Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills a quick wipe down with QD is plenty.

Muddy lake bed with clay goo covering everything. Pressure washer to de-crud it. Then sprayed with Simple green (cheapest cleaner I can get) and agitate every surface with a brush. Then final wash with soap with spray wax in it.

wdmaccord
10-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Are any of the undercarriage sprays silicone free?

I bought the GG version and it lists silicone on the label. I try to avoid anything with silicone, mainly because the dirt/dust seems to attract to it and it browns out over time.

I see Bare Bones is oil-based, but the CG website doesn't give any ingredients beyond that.

cardaddy
10-17-2013, 12:43 AM
I use a four post lift to get under all my cars. Too old to crawl around on my back in the water under a car these days.

Depending on where it has been driven will determine what type of cleaning to give it.

Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills a quick wipe down with QD is plenty.

Muddy lake bed with clay goo covering everything. Pressure washer to de-crud it. Then sprayed with Simple green (cheapest cleaner I can get) and agitate every surface with a brush. Then final wash with soap with spray wax in it.

That mixed with good old aluminum brightener will clean any undercarriage/frame at ANY level of dirt, mud, blood, guts, or any combination thereof you probably will ever have. Been there, done that..... many many MANY times over on commercial trucks. :)