PDA

View Full Version : Yelp

Pureshine
01-31-2013, 09:10 PM
So yelp is a extortionist they call me every month to advertise since I say no all my reviews go to filtered reviews and they want $200 a month to put them back up. I have five 5 star reviews and people can't see them.
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o580/kicku9/FILTEREDYELP_zps8027dc79.gif

rustytruck
01-31-2013, 09:51 PM
I have heard this many times. That is why you won't find Afterglow on Yelp.

Pureshine
01-31-2013, 09:54 PM
I have heard this many times. That is why you won't find Afterglow on Yelp.
Ya but you don't have to put up there someone else can thats what sucks. you have no control if your company is on yelp or not. If you call them ask to take it off they won't. Ya your not on there thank god :)

ehannigan
02-01-2013, 02:26 AM
I hate Yelp. They filtered all my five star reviews as well, and they seem pretty bulletproof on any attempts to get someone to actually help you.

Pureshine
02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
I hate Yelp. They filtered all my five star reviews as well, and they seem pretty bulletproof on any attempts to get someone to actually help you.
Ya there is another lawsuit against them again and I will be joining it if it happens.

Gurge
02-01-2013, 10:22 PM
LOVE this thread because I HATE yelp

pretty sure I saw that jpeg on yelp-sucks.com yes? I was almost thinking of using it

I have 8 positive reviews on yelp. every one of them is filtered. 8 legit people took the time to say something nice but when you google search it displays zero reviews on yelp.

Most clients dont know about the 'filtered' thing. I only learned it existed after it started happening to me

boooooo yelp

Pureshine
02-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Yep they do that because you don't advertise with them total BS!

AutowerxDetailing
02-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Hi. Just stopped by to say how much I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Yelp. Such a worthless, scumbag of a company. What they do shouldn't be legal. I hope they get shut down.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online

Gurge
02-01-2013, 11:00 PM
if you really want to get on your soap box, there are a number of online petitions circulating

I signed this one earlier this month

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/have-attorney-general-investigate-yelpcom-deceptive-bullying-and-shoddy-practices/0k65W7Y3?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

Pureshine
02-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Ya I signed that one too!

PERFECTIONPLUS
02-02-2013, 11:34 PM
I have no problems with yelp, here's why i use one of there offers or specials every month. It costs me nothing to make a special deals or offer . Just make it some bs offer that no one would accept. Some times you have to out think the thinkers. Hope this helps

ProDetail
02-03-2013, 12:00 AM
That a good idea :) - I signed the petition as well.

ehannigan
02-03-2013, 01:50 PM
if you really want to get on your soap box, there are a number of online petitions circulating

I signed this one earlier this month

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/have-attorney-general-investigate-yelpcom-deceptive-bullying-and-shoddy-practices/0k65W7Y3?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

Signed.

Gurge
02-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Signed.

yes! strength in numbers (hopefully)

I'm now just directing all my clients leave reviews on google places as they don't filter

rlloyd
02-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Why don't you guys have a testimonial page on your website. Customers can leave their reviews for everyone to see. It will also make your site stronger in the search engines.
If you want to ask for some offer a free QD Spray (Buy a bottle, add a Mr. Sparkle's Quick Detail Spray sticker to it) or a MF or something for their time. Give them a free detail for a video review.
Just some ideas....