PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to remove this :

drcasper
01-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi guys .. I'm getting ready for my first detail job pretty soon (as soon as the weather allows).. Can anyone please point me on how to clean / prepare these ?

Also, my bumper is pretty scratched and chipped to hell .. Anything I an do there ?

How do I clean/ polish these chrome looking plastics?

And lastly .. I don't know if this is even something that can be repaired by anything other than having o repaint :
I was hit on my right fender and the body shop did a really horrible job painting It .. This is about 2 years old .. I think the clear coat is way off from the original .. They color matched the paint but you can totally see the color difference specially at night (the fender is shinier?) .. What are your thoughts on this .. 15378

Thank you for your time :)

AutoHeed
01-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Hi guys .. I'm getting ready for my first detail job pretty soon (as soon as the weather allows).. Can anyone please point me on how to clean / prepare these ?
What is that? paint?cement? bird droppings? spray some APC, let it sit and wipe with microfiber towel.
Also, my bumper is pretty scratched and chipped to hell .. Anything I an do there ?
I had a 2003 x-trail with that condition too. I left it like that. You can polish the scratched area, but the chipped has to be repainted and wet-sanded.
How do I clean/ polish these chrome looking plastics?
Proper car wash and Mothers chrome polish with microfiber towel. Wipe it dry after.
And lastly .. I don't know if this is even something that can be repaired by anything other than having o repaint :
I was hit on my right fender and the body shop did a really horrible job painting It .. This is about 2 years old .. I think the clear coat is way off from the original .. They color matched the paint but you can totally see the color difference specially at night (the fender is shinier?) .. What are your thoughts on this .. 15378
I think just either a different paint job or POV.
Thank you for your time :)
Good luck with your first detailing job!

drcasper
01-31-2013, 12:46 PM
thanks AutoHeed :)

Pureshine
01-31-2013, 02:21 PM
For the first picture try some degreaser or APC.
The bumper needs a repaint or touch up paint.
Plastic chrome you can use glass cleaner, APC or if its metal you a metal polish.

chris.ganucheau
01-31-2013, 03:22 PM
That repaint on that fender looks awful.... It looks like a lot of orange peel. You can try and wet sand it an then try an polish it out afterward. But there is a definite difference in the color.