PDA

View Full Version : Advise needed

Lightscapes
01-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Im sure you all have been asked this a thousand times but here it is. I have a 2013 Avalanche took it to delta sonic to get the salt off and clayed and waxed prior to learning about this web site. Looking at the paint close under light I am finding lots of fine swirls or scratches. This is what I'm waiting for from UPS

1-Pin bodywork shampoo
1-Sheepskin mitt
1-guzzler waffle weave towel
1-pin poly clay special
1-Griots polisher
1-iron x
1-wolfgang paintwork polish enhancer
1-wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant
1-wolfgang deep gloss spritz sealant

Is there anything I'm missing off this list that you can recommend? And any advise on what I need to do to get those fine marks out. The truck is black.

Thanks can ya tell I'm new.....

Pureshine
01-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Ya you didn't get any compound or finishing polishes and did you get pads for the Griots?
Todd

rms64
01-30-2013, 11:15 AM
:iagree:

Yep if you ordered up the Griot's DA polisher then you'll need some compound or polish to go with it, and some pads. Maybe give some meg's Ultimate Polish a try first (use least aggressive first) or switch down to Ultimate Compound if that doesn't do it. I've found these two to be easy to work with as a beginner myself. :dblthumb2:

Lightscapes
01-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Isn't the wolfgang paintwork polish enhancer a polish??
Pads came with the polisher

Pureshine
01-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Isn't the wolfgang paintwork polish enhancer a polish??
Pads came with the polisher
No its not sorry you will need to order some compound and finishing polish.

terrangama
01-30-2013, 11:48 AM
You could get some very light correction with the enhancing polish and light polishing pad. But otherwise you are missing a compund and polish. I think the wolfgang twins are a good choice

Lightscapes
01-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Great thanks