PDA

View Full Version : Product suggestions all in one cleaner wax.

mpjustice
01-30-2013, 04:03 AM
This is for a brand new black 4 runner. This I'd a daily driver and I do not want to spend hours detailing it only to get dirty in a day or so. Thanks !!

Radarryan
01-30-2013, 04:59 AM
Of the over-the-counter brands, if I remember correctly, Meguiar's Cleaner Wax outperformed the competitors in a blind study done by Consumer Reports. It is also very economical and available in paste and liquid.

I'm sure some other members can comment on some higher-end/specialty cleaner waxes that Autogeek offers.

From personal experience, I don't think I could tell the difference when I applied both Mother's and Meguiar's cleaner waxes. Both, I think, are solid choices. I also have liked using Klasse All-in-One which was very easy to apply and had fantastic results, however it is not "technically" a cleaner wax.

silverfox
01-30-2013, 05:35 AM
DG 501 gets my vote. It will blow you away. Can buy locally at Carquest stores. Not only an A-1 cleaner, but expect 6-9 months of protection.

ken tuep
01-30-2013, 06:36 AM
I have had great results with Griots garage aio sealant. I just washed a car I did back in August of last year and was surprised at how well it held up even with the salt. The owner hadn't washed it since I did it back in August. Its my new favorite. I do have some DG 501 I'm gonna try on my truck soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Setec Astronomy
01-30-2013, 07:33 AM
DG501 or Optimum Poli-Seal or GPS. The Meg's cleaner wax is a good product but it stains trim.

Mike Phillips
01-30-2013, 07:39 AM
The Meg's cleaner wax is a good product but it stains trim.

This is actually a very good product and will work very well and "safe" on a black clearcoated car. It's been around since 1973 and continually improved over the years.

Just slow down and avoid getting it on trim or tape the trim off. Again, this is why I like detailing classic... no stupid black plastic trim to even think twice about.

Another option would be Optimum GPS.

:)

Setec Astronomy
01-30-2013, 07:53 AM
This is actually a very good product and will work very well and "safe" on a black clearcoated car. It's been around since 1973 and continually improved over the years.

Just slow down and avoid getting it on trim or tape the trim off. Again, this is why I like detailing classic... no stupid black plastic trim to even think twice about.

You know I love #6 and A-12 and have been using them forever, but it's just a lot harder to stain trim with 501 or Poli-Seal. One of these days I'll get to try GPS.

yakky
01-30-2013, 11:55 AM
DG501 or Optimum Poli-Seal or GPS. The Meg's cleaner wax is a good product but it stains trim.

Poliseal is a great recommendation but on black DG501 will amplify any swirls. I'd suggest Mother's Carnauba Cleaner or NXT. NXT doesn't have strong cleaners, but if you are claying regularly, it works very well.

PA DETAILER
01-30-2013, 12:01 PM
BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal, polish and wax, cleaner wax, car polish (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-total-polish-seal.html)

one step will polish and seal.

509IS350
01-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Give Pinnacle XMT 360 a try. Cleans, polishes, & seals.

RZJZA80
01-30-2013, 12:15 PM
DG 501 gets my vote, it's simply amazing for $8.99

Klasse Act
01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
DG #501 or Klasse All in One, ofcoarse.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online