PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun assembly - am I missing something?

BryanH
01-29-2013, 10:18 PM
There's no way to ask this without embarrassment so I'll just get straight to it. :) I just took delivery of a Foamaster 75QGFMR and it doesn't seem to completely assemble.

[After sticker shock of a $900 shopping cart here at AG, I went on an aggressive money saving campaign and part of that was purchasing a foam gun elsewhere].

The large black plastic tip doesn't fit on the brass nozzle properly. It fits very loosely and comes off if I tip the gun forward. I'm wondering if I'm missing something. The small black plastic deflector fits over the brass nozzle just fine.

The large black plastic tip also has a bunch of holes in the middle - wouldn't foam spray out through those holes, weaken the strength of spray from the tip and make a mess in the process?

pcw25
01-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Pictures mean a thousand words! Please post the assembly of the foamer and your pressure washer lance!

chris.ganucheau
01-29-2013, 11:10 PM
There should be a little metal clip in the black tip that should snap onto the brass piece, also the foam will not spray out of the holes in the middle. I thought the same thing when I got mine.

Setec Astronomy
01-29-2013, 11:16 PM
You need to push the nozzle on until it snaps into place.

Rsurfer
01-29-2013, 11:57 PM
You need to push the nozzle on until it snaps into place.
I'm sure he did..had the same problem.

TurboScooter
01-30-2013, 01:22 AM
There should be a little metal clip in the black tip that should snap onto the brass piece, also the foam will not spray out of the holes in the middle. I thought the same thing when I got mine.

Pretty sure it's this. You can see the metal clip in this picture: http://www.gilmour.com/wp-content/uploads/75QGF.jpg It's near the attachment point on the black foaming nozzle.

BryanH
01-30-2013, 01:24 AM
I do see a metal spring clip in the black plastic attachment. I can imagine it might be designed to clip into the valley of the brass nozzle. But the brass nozzle isn't long enough for the clip to reach the valley.

Maybe the brass nozzle can be pushed further out? Is it designed to adjust that part?

TurboScooter
01-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Do you have the clip in the last set of holes? You have to push pretty firmly to get it to set, or you can take the clip out, push the nozzle on and then reinstall the clip.

chris.ganucheau
01-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Mine wasn't to hard to push on an take off.

BryanH
01-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Now that I know how it's designed to fit (thanks everyone), I think I may have to try to get mine exchanged. Like I said unless the brass nozzle can be extended and I just haven't figured out how yet.

Here's the problem:

http://www.pbase.com/bryanh/image/148554339/original.jpg

Setec Astronomy
01-30-2013, 04:24 PM
You could try sanding down the end of the nozzle a bit, or if you've got a half-round file you could try to mimic the radius of the center post so the nozzle goes on a bit further.

Meghan
01-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Please call Nick we will get you a new one.

BryanH
02-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Update: I received my replacement foam gun today. It went together perfectly.

Thanks everyone for the problem solving!