PDA

View Full Version : Rinsing with Pressure Washer. Which is best adapter???

Pages : [1] 2

trencher7
01-29-2013, 08:43 PM
So I did my first pressure wash and found my rinsing to be a little frustrating. I got a Simpson 300 psi pressure washer that came with 4 adapters. 15,25,40, and "soap". I found myself using the soap adapter since the other 3 had far too much air pressure and not enough water, but the soap adapter was too low pressure. Is there a good size adapter for rinsing? Or should I turn off the soap feed on the Hydro Cannon and use that (or would that be too low as well?). Thanks.

JAF06SE
01-29-2013, 09:03 PM
You bought a pressure washer with only 300psi? Or was that a typo and should have been 3000? I have a 2600 and usually use my 25 for rinsing. Gives the right amount of pressure to power stuff off if I don't brush it and easier Toole sure it all rinses off.

trencher7
01-29-2013, 09:19 PM
You bought a pressure washer with only 300psi? Or was that a typo and should have been 3000? I have a 2600 and usually use my 25 for rinsing. Gives the right amount of pressure to power stuff off if I don't brush it and easier Toole sure it all rinses off.

Yes, sorry. 3000 psi.

spiralout462
01-29-2013, 09:22 PM
I use a 15 or 25 degree tip. Sometimes I just use the hose for the final sheeting rinse.

rmagnus
01-29-2013, 09:26 PM
3000 would be awesome. Mine is electric and maxes out at 1700 or 1800psi. I bought it for washing cars so it's perfect for that task.

IMO keep the pressure down to remove soap. It's easy to get into blast mode but remember its paint under the soap and dirt. Also blasting around headlights can affect the seals and allow moisture in them.

Go with the least aggressive technique that delivers the results you want. "I think somebody else on this site said something similar" :)

crfguy168
01-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Probably feels like you don't have enough pressure, but really I would bet it's a volume of water issue. The pressure stays the same no matter what tip you are using (within a few psi) the different tip size changes the fan and amount of water let through the tip.

How many GPM is your machine?

trencher7
01-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Probably feels like you don't have enough pressure, but really I would bet it's a volume of water issue. The pressure stays the same no matter what tip you are using (within a few psi) the different tip size changes the fan and amount of water let through the tip.

2.4 gpm. It got plenty of pressure. Problem is I feel like I have too much air pressure and not enough water coming out on the rinse.

crfguy168
01-29-2013, 09:46 PM
When you said "soap feed" do you have that on while rinsing, without anything being drawn through it?

Audios S6
01-29-2013, 09:50 PM
I assume this is a gas unit if it's 3000psi, try rinsing with pressure to remove the soap, then turn the gas off and just using hose pressure through the washer.

Another alternative is to use a shut off valve and short piece of hose to connect the pressure washer to the main hose. When you're done pressure rinsing, shut the valve and remove the short hose from the pressure washer, then open the valve and use the short hose for the sheeting method.

trencher7
01-29-2013, 10:38 PM

When you said "soap feed" do you have that on while rinsing, without anything being drawn through it?

Right, I will take off the Hydro Cannon and put on the soap adapter that comes with it, but that is a very low pressure spray. It was meant to just spray soap solution . I just thought maybe there was another adapter I could buy that allowed more water through it. Like a 50? If I remember correctly the numbers get a finer spray as they get lower.

rmagnus
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Two thoughts for you.

1. You do have a foam canon designed for pressure washers right?

2 Are you leaving the foam canon attached for the rinse?

trencher7
01-30-2013, 12:33 AM
Two thoughts for you.

1. You do have a foam canon designed for pressure washers right?

2 Are you leaving the foam canon attached for the rinse?

Yes, bought the Hydro Cannon sold here.

No, I take it off and attach the adapter that came with the washer. I wonder if it would be better to just leave it on and turn off the foam dispenser. I believe you can do that.

ken tuep
01-30-2013, 07:06 AM
When you say air pressure what do you mean exactly? Is there air in the lines? If so that can destroy your pump. Before starting my pw I allow the water to flow through with the wand disconnected for about 2-3 minutes to make sure there is no air in the hoses.

If your just talking about pressure in general blowing your soap around instead of rinsing then pull back from the car and move slowly. I normally use a tornado type attachment for wheels, tires, and nasty stuff down low. Then a 40 degree tip for rinsing the rest.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

feslope
01-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Power washer jet tips have 2 specifications, width and orifice. The width of the pattern is expressed in degree, like 15, 25 and 40. The orifice size is expressed in a numerical size like, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 up to about 6.0 in commonly available sizes. The orifice determines your flow rate in gpm as a relation of size to pressure.

Your current tips are probably orifice size 3 maybe 3.5. A 4.5 orifice size with a 25 or 40 degree pattern will give you more flow at less (But still substantial) pressure. Self serve car washes typically run 1000-1300 psi higher pressures applied especially with narrow tip can be harmful to auto finishes.

Most places that sell pressure washers will have various tip sizes and accessories to enhance your pressure washer. As with all power equipment, be careful and keep the kids and pets at a distance.

trencher7
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Power washer jet tips have 2 specifications, width and orifice. The width of the pattern is expressed in degree, like 15, 25 and 40. The orifice size is expressed in a numerical size like, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 up to about 6.0 in commonly available sizes. The orifice determines your flow rate in gpm as a relation of size to pressure.

Your current tips are probably orifice size 3 maybe 3.5. A 4.5 orifice size with a 25 or 40 degree pattern will give you more flow at less (But still substantial) pressure. Self serve car washes typically run 1000-1300 psi higher pressures applied especially with narrow tip can be harmful to auto finishes.

Most places that sell pressure washers will have various tip sizes and accessories to enhance your pressure washer. As with all power equipment, be careful and keep the kids and pets at a distance.

Thanks. That's what I needed to know. I felt like I was blow drying the car with some mist instead of a good rinse. I will look for something with a 4.5 or more orifice size. Thanks!