PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on best product to use on new paint for protection. sealant, opt-coat etc.

BigA3723
01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
I have been an avid reader of this site and have purchased many of the suggested products with great results. I just purchased a 3 year old Bentley Continental Flying Spur which is in like new condition. The car is white and has no noticeable scratches or swirl marks. Also, my dad just purchased a Metallic Black Audi A8L. My question is what is the best protection suggested?

I have Klasse AIO and Sealant and was going to top that with Pinnacle SV wax. I was going to use this combination on both cars, but then i started reading about all these nano sealants and the Opt-Coat type coatings and wondered which is the best to use? Also, would a drive thru car wash with soft touch cotton/foam strips be ok to use between details, especially on black car?

Final question is about my rims, they are painted black with white lips, what's the best way to protect them? I saw a product called WOLF Rim Guard that looks good, and I have also seen people use opticoat. Any suggestions?

Mazda.Mark
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
I posted under your other thread.

BigA3723
01-29-2013, 02:29 PM
I posted under your other thread.

Thanks for response, I was worried about run I out of time and not having a response so I posted this similiar thread here. Anyone reading this, please post on other thread:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/59918-best-protection-new-paint-audi-bentley.html

Aside from opinions about using an Opti-Coat, which is looking like a winner for both cars with proper preperation, I really liked what I saw for Techniq EXO Ultra Hybrid Coating. It looks like an easier application, better shine, and possibly longer lasting? Anyone use EXO Hybrid Coating?

umi000
01-31-2013, 10:59 PM
Thanks for response, I was worried about run I out of time and not having a response so I posted this similiar thread here. Anyone reading this, please post on other thread:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/59918-best-protection-new-paint-audi-bentley.html

Aside from opinions about using an Opti-Coat, which is looking like a winner for both cars with proper preperation, I really liked what I saw for Techniq EXO Ultra Hybrid Coating. It looks like an easier application, better shine, and possibly longer lasting? Anyone use EXO Hybrid Coating?

I haven't personally used EXO myself, so this is just based on what I've read, but EXO seems to be more fragile than other coatings - I've also seen a test where it did not do well against various chemicals used on the paint.