PDA

View Full Version : Sign-up: 1963 Impala - 1964 Chevy Sedan Delivery

Pages : [1] 2

Mike Phillips
01-29-2013, 07:40 AM
Sign-up: 1963 Impala - 1964 Chevy Sedan Delivery (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/sign-up-project-cars-clinics/59947-sign-up-1963-impala-1964-chevy-sedan-delivery.html)

Thursday, January 31st
This Thursday starting at 5:00pm I'm going to be finishing up the two cars we used for my detailing bootcamp class this last weekend.

1963 Impala
We used the Impala to teach how to machine wetsand and use rotary buffers but we only sanded and buffed the horizontal surfaces, i.e. the hood, roof and trunk lid. These panels are HUGE and while this car worked perfect for training and hands-on practice the vertical sides still need to be de-swirled.

1964 Chevy Sedan Delivery
We used the SD to teach how to use the Flex 3401 to machine polish paint for a true show car finish but we did not buff out the roof. This truck is HUGE and while it worked perfect for training and hands-on practice the roof still needs to be machine polished and sealed.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1723/2013_Jan_Detail_Class_001.jpg

Sign-up List

1. Chris aka Italian Guy
2. Jeff aka RedGT
3. Robert aka Impressions
4. Tim aka 57BORNTORUN
5. Chris aka Bodedetailing
6. Carlos
7. Bob

Date: Thursday, January 31st
Time: 5:00pm to 9:00pm

Autogeek's Garage
7744 SW Jack James Drive
Stuart, FL 34997
Mapquest Driving Directions (http://tinyurl.com/l5d6vf)

The door to the right of the garage door is the entrance to our TV Studio, my
red Jimmy is usually parked right in front of the entrance door.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/715/OpenStudio011.jpg

:xyxthumbs:

Chris@AutoCleanse
01-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Sign me up please.

Mike Phillips
01-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Sign me up please.

Cool Chris, always like having you here to help out!

Mike Phillips
01-29-2013, 04:44 PM
***Update***

Robert DiTerlizzi called and says he'll be here. I've heard Tim will be here too...

I've updated the sign-up list, if you live within driving distance of Stuart Florida, swing on by, most of the hard work is already done on these two streetrods so this Thursday night will just be fun without the work.

I might check with Nick to see if he has anything new for us to play with...

Chase.Barnett
01-29-2013, 05:26 PM
***Update***

Robert DiTerlizzi called and says he'll be here. I've heard Tim will be here too...

I've updated the sign-up list, if you live within driving distance of Stuart Florida, swing on by, most of the hard work is already done on these two streetrods so this Thursday night will just be fun without the work.

I might check with Nick to see if he has anything new for us to play with...

You guys make me want to move to Florida.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

57BORNTORUN
01-29-2013, 07:35 PM
You would be correct SIR.I called Robert in an an effort to get a team together to complete these 63`s.Louie is on another of his multiple vacations he takes yearly.Pizza,......comradery .........Cool cars..............knowledge..............whats better!!!:hungry:

Setec Astronomy
01-29-2013, 07:53 PM
That delivery truck brings back memories of my youth... "if this van's a rockin'...it must be the supermarket delivery guy looking for your groceries". The ones from the supermarket were green, though.

Bigds2012TT
01-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Wish I was closer. Would love to just be there and watch. Plus a 63 impala is my dream car.

cleanmycorolla
01-30-2013, 02:22 PM
this is being broadcast too?

Bodedetailing
01-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Mike, it's been a while since I have been up to the auto geek headquarters! If there are still more spots available this Thursday I will be there!

Thanks
Chris aka bode detailing

Mike Phillips
01-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Hey for everyone attending...

Check this out!

Jewelling with a Rotary Buffer and Gtechniq P2 Jewelling Polish (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/60031-jewelling-rotary-buffer-gtechniq-p2-jewelling-polish.html)

And... I have another surprise!

:D

Mike Phillips
01-31-2013, 09:50 AM
You guys make me want to move to Florida.

It's nice here in Stuart, sleepy, small fishing town and sunny enough I drive a convertible year around. I've even ditched the Bikini Top on my Jimmy for over a year now...

Pizza,......comradery .........Cool cars..............knowledge..............whats better!!!

:hungry:

On that note, I mentioned to Carlos and Bob that we work for pizza...

Wish I was closer. Would love to just be there and watch. Plus a 63 impala is my dream car.

No watching... everyone helps out, even if you just help wipe the paint down after each step. These are about team effort.

For what it's worth, the Impala runs great and is a blast to drive!

this is being broadcast too?

Not going to broadcast this project, these cars are just to far done to really somehow do a great job of presentation.

There will be more live broadcasts coming up...

Mike, it's been a while since I have been up to the auto geek headquarters! If there are still more spots available this Thursday I will be there!

Thanks
Chris aka bode detailing

Sure there's room Chris, it will be good to see you...

Bodedetailing
01-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Mike, I just had a last minute appointment, and will be unable to attend tonight's detail... The next Thursday detail you host I will for sure be there! Sorry for the last minute plans! We have lots to catch up on!

Chris aka BodeDetailing

Mike Phillips
01-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Mike, I just had a last minute appointment, and will be unable to attend tonight's detail... The next Thursday detail you host I will for sure be there! Sorry for the last minute plans! We have lots to catch up on!

Chris aka BodeDetailing

No problemo...

Been playing catch-up in a lot of areas since Mobil Tech Expo and my Detailing Bootcamp Classes, these were held one weekend after the other and that puts me behind in a lot of behind the scenes projects.

What the above means is I don't have any car projects scheduled as of yet. I have cars, I just haven't scheduled them.

I'm off tomorrow so I'll do my best to back into fast gear starting next Monday.

As always, watch the bottom of the forum homepage for upcoming Thursday Night Projects open to our forum members.

:)

57BORNTORUN
01-31-2013, 04:24 PM

Chris aka BodeDetailing
BAD NEWS=we are down one man......GOOD NEWS=more pizza for the rest of us.:buffing: