PDA

View Full Version : Got a few questions.....

Derek Short
01-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Ive been doing some side jobs detailing cars to bring it some extra money. I just renently decided to bring my detailing to the next level and purchase a mytee 8070 extractor.
I started out by detailing some of my family members cars to learn the machine.

now here is where my question is...

machine works awesome! very happy with it. its been able to tackle any task i give it, BUT 1....

my dad's car and my sister's car seems to have this red spot in the carpet some type of dye im assuming... one spot is on the carpet floor mat only. and the other is next to the seat between the crack of the seat and the center.ive tried everything i own and im not having any luck removing it. It doesn't even seem to budge.

here was my method....

-full vacuum interior
-on the red dye or red stain on the carpet i first tired....
303 cleaner / spot remover (tried scrubbing with a stiff bristle nylon type brush) -no luck
next tried....
-DP carpet and upholstery cleaner, same method, scrubbing, etc... -no luck
- Ultima interior shampoo gel - no luck
- Meg's APC+ FULL STRENGTH, nothing........

thought maybe if i go over it a few times with the extractor....
made sure the extractor was nice and hot. still nothing.....
extractor was mixed with meg's APC+ 6oz. per gallon.

wish i had took some pics so i could show you guys and gals. but i did not. this weekend i will get some pics and post em if need be.

please help, any thoughts on what this might be or any ideas on how i can remove it? or am i just stuck with with only getting the interior 99% and not 100%?

i got a few other questions but ill make a separate thread. would like to keep this topic as the main point.

thanks everyone!

tuscarora dave
01-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Get yourself some red food dye remover from a janitorial supply or a professional carpet cleaning supply. I use one called "RedZone" and it works really well.

This thread might help too.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/54215-red-stain-floor-mats-suggestions.html

Derek Short
01-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Get yourself some red food dye remover from a janitorial supply or a professional carpet cleaning supply. I use one called "RedZone" and it works really well.

This thread might help too.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/54215-red-stain-floor-mats-suggestions.html

great thanks so much.
ill look into that.