PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Coating, Cquartz, over Blacklight?

weekendwarrior
01-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Going to try the BOGO Cquartz UK on one of the vehicles in the fleet. Question: Its a darker grey metallic, Blacklight looks great on it IMHO, can I apply Blacklight, let it cure 2 to 12 hours, unsure of time, then apply Cquartz to same vehicle?

Any harm to curing process/bonding process? Tried searching for prior threads, couldn't find any.

PiPUK
01-28-2013, 08:24 AM
I am afraid this is not a good idea because the blacklight will interfere with the cquartz application.

weekendwarrior
01-28-2013, 08:34 AM
That's what I thought. Thanks for reply, another question for the crowd, I have V7, Blackfire Crystal Seal Spray Sealant, and Duragloss Spray Wax, which one would you recommend I apply , that is safe, 1 hour after Cquartz application to prevent water spotting .They recommend their own product ReLoad which I do not own. Also which one do you recommend is safe to use going forward, or will that not matter since product has cured , I understand petroleum based sealants/waxes will not bond to the coating.

BobbyG
01-28-2013, 09:05 AM
CarPro CQuartz and Optimum Opti-coat 2.0 require a "surgically clean" surface in order to properly bond. If either is applied to a temporary coating then either will be as temporary as the coating they're applied to.

Optimum Opti-coat 2.0 by Todd Helme

Opti-Coat 2.0 Application - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nvj80cB2HLc)

RZJZA80
01-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Is Cquartz considered permanent? I thought the only permanent coating was OC.

weekendwarrior
01-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Sorry, you are correct its 2 year coating per manufacturer. But in general I was concerned with these newer coatings acting differently than a traditional sealant which may last 6 months, over something like Blacklight. I figured it wouldn't be possible when using these newer coatings, just wanted to confirm.