PDA

View Full Version : How can i get rid of skunk smell

Pages : [1] 2

r&sons
01-27-2013, 11:50 PM
Hello, how are you? Customer came to me to detail inside of his car hes a vet and he saw a skunk on the side of the road and he stop and it was hurt but had life so he put it in his car and boom it sprayed so question is

1.how can i get rid of smell?
2.how do i make the smell come back?

thanks in advance

rmagnus
01-27-2013, 11:53 PM
1. Sell the car
2. Buy the car back.

That's gonna be one nasty odor to get rid of.

AutowerxDetailing
01-27-2013, 11:53 PM
Wait, wait. Hold the phone. The dude picked up and put the skunk INSIDE of his car?????????????

Fishincricket
01-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Likely story... Were his eyes bloodshot? Did he he seem paranoid at all?

Err, I mean, bummer... Grandma would suggest tomato juice bath, but I don't know if you'll wanna do that to a car interior. Of course, you don't wanna put a skunk in one either...

BillE
01-28-2013, 08:14 AM
I think this may be time for a gigantic google search. Just getting smell off of the undercarriage is hard, but man, the interior...not a clue.

Let us know how it all works out.

Bill

weekendwarrior
01-28-2013, 08:41 AM
Try good cleaning of all interior surfaces then try one of these...or 3 of these at the same time:
Choose any three Odor Bombs and save! Select three Odor Bomb scents of your choice for one low price. Choose different scents for different (http://www.autogeek.net/3pack-odor-bomb.html)

Also return and let us know if that worked.

Question why would you want the smell to come back After you got rid of it?

FUNX650
01-28-2013, 09:07 AM
:eek:

1.how can i get rid of smell?

^^^For complete and total remediation...^^^

The entire interior fabrics (seats, headliner, carpeting, etc.) may just have to be removed...
Some possibly replaced. (This is, at the very least, that must be done...IMHO.)

I'd suggest to this Customer to take the vehicle to a professional janitorial-service-company.

2.how do i make the smell come back?

Question why would you want the smell to come back After you got rid of it?

^^^Good question...I'd also like to know the answer to this^^^ :D

BTW:

1.) :welcome:...To AGO!!

2.)

Customer...hes a vet...
skunk...was hurt but had life so he put it in his car :eek:

^^^How's the skunk doing?^^^

:)

Bob

SuperiorAutoLLC
01-28-2013, 09:20 AM
I'd steam it about 3 times then hit it with an ozone generator for a couple days. But I'm still not sure that would do the trick...

r&sons
01-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks guys!!!!

oldmodman
01-28-2013, 05:15 PM
I'd like to meet the veterinarian.

Anyone that cares enough about animals to put a live, hurt skunk in their car is just the guy I want taking care of mine.

And the only way to permanently de-stink the car is to have it stolen and burned.

ProDetail
01-28-2013, 05:15 PM
I'd steam it about 3 times then hit it with an ozone generator for a couple days. But I'm still not sure that would do the trick...

I was going to recommend the same thing.

rustytruck
01-28-2013, 05:25 PM
????

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
01-28-2013, 05:26 PM
1. Sell the car
2. Buy the car back.

That's gonna be one nasty odor to get rid of.

I can't stop laughing :laughing::applause:

Thanks for making the end of a Monday a little better haha

LazyGhost
01-28-2013, 05:26 PM
As a teen, my friends and i stopped and picked up a roadkill skunk and threw it in my truck. We wrapped it in a sheet first. We then hauled it 20 miles and dumped it in another friends yard, as a joke.

The smell was unbearable for about 2 months i reckon. It did dissipate after a while with the little cleaning i did to the car back then. After four months or so, ya hardly noticed it. lol. Always picked up my dates with the windows down after that though. Good luck!

Texas-Ryan
01-28-2013, 07:26 PM
OMG!

I am just trying to imagine the looks on the Vet's face after that tooter went to spraying! LOL That would have been priceless....