PDA

View Full Version : Two Bucket Method Q

Pages : [1] 2

WRXINXS
01-27-2013, 07:04 PM
I have been using the two bucket method for some time now but recently was wondering if I was actually doing it correctly. I have two 5 gallon buckets each with one grit guard. After washing a panel I dunk the media in the rinse bucket shake it in the water and rub media face against the grit guard. Then I proceed to reload with soapy water from soap bucket. The soap bucket grit guard is just there for catching particles correct. You would not rub the media against that one, only the one in the rinse bucket correct.

Just making sure I have been doing it right all along lol.

Drew

Rsurfer
01-27-2013, 07:07 PM
I have been using the two bucket method for some time now but recently was wondering if I was actually doing it correctly. I have two 5 gallon buckets each with one grit guard. After washing a panel I dunk the media in the rinse bucket shake it in the water and rub media face against the grit guard. Then I proceed to reload with soapy water from soap bucket. The soap bucket grit guard is just there for catching particles correct. You would not rub the media against that one, only the one in the rinse bucket correct.

Just making sure I have been doing it right all along lol.

Drew
I don't use a grit guard in my soap bucket, but I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Infiltrator
01-27-2013, 07:16 PM
That sounds correct

dcjredline
01-27-2013, 07:22 PM
I know I am going to be very unpopular for this but I just cant seem to get my head around something about this...

Using a grit guard. I dont see how it keeps the particles DOWN underneath it? Seems to me that if particles sink (below the grit guard) in the first place then as long as you dont scrub the bottom of the bucket (w/out a GG) there is no need for one.

Can someone please clarify this for me??

Fishincricket
01-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Seems more like the grit guard is mean for agitation of the wash mitt in one bucket and is there to keep any loose contaminants on the soap bucket at the bottom of the bucket.. Eh?

dcjredline
01-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Explain then how grit can get down there but not get back up? Seems like if you just dip the mitt and dont swish it then the grit will stay down even without a grit guard to me. Light particles will float around with or without a GG if I am thinking about it right.

WRXINXS
01-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Seems more like the grit guard is mean for agitation of the wash mitt in one bucket and is there to keep any loose contaminants on the soap bucket at the bottom of the bucket.. Eh?

That is how I have been doing it.

Wors
01-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Explain then how grit can get down there but not get back up? Seems like if you just dip the mitt and dont swish it then the grit will stay down even without a grit guard to me. Light particles will float around with or without a GG if I am thinking about it right.

Watch this video when you get a chance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4RGoQ6c50w]Multiple Grit Guard configuration test - YouTube[/video]

Marc08EX
01-27-2013, 07:51 PM
My 2nd bucket with the soap solution doesn't have a grit guard.

HellaBroke
01-27-2013, 07:53 PM
I use two grit guards stacked in my rinse and one in the soap the rinse I figure the most distance from the bottom of the bucket with loose particular to my MIT the less of a chance there is for it to suspend at the water level my MIT will be at. The one in the soap bucket is just a little added insurance to keep any particular from coming up to the MIT.

Fishincricket
01-27-2013, 07:54 PM

Spose its simply a matter of whether or not you think its worth the risk. I worked hard to polish out the defects in my paint job, I'll do whatever is necessary to protect the CC now, an extra GG seems like a small bet..

dcjredline
01-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Makes more sense that people dont put them in the soap bucket. So when people talk about having 2 GG's they are both in the rinse bucket?

dcjredline
01-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Spose its simply a matter of whether or not you think its worth the risk. I worked hard to polish out the defects in my paint job, I'll do whatever is necessary to protect the CC now, an extra GG seems like a small bet..

I was asking for an explanation of how they worked not saying your wrong for using them! Youre being rude not constructive.

dcjredline
01-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Watch this video when you get a chance:

Multiple Grit Guard configuration test - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4RGoQ6c50w)

Thanks MAN!!! Very helpful. Should have tried youtube before asking. Especially since I have been wondering since finding this site LOL

Wors
01-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Thanks MAN!!! Very helpful. Should have tried youtube before asking. Especially since I have been wondering since finding this site LOL

Someone posted it on the forums before. Great to see what multiple Grit Guards can do for you.