PDA

View Full Version : Question on detailing with Compound/Swirl Removal

dlaxman31
01-27-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm considering making the purchase of the Porter Cable 7424XP. I've been hand buffing for years and I'm ready to make the next step up to something a little more powerful.

I currently have a 2006 Black Honda Accord with 65k miles. Many of those miles are highway and the car has been garage kept for the past 2 years.

My current washing process is the following:
Wash
Dry
Clay Bar - If necssary
Hand Wax with Meguiars GoldClass Carnuaba Liquid Wax
Buff out

I'm interested in getting rid of some of the swirl marks with my new Porter Cable. I purchased Meguiars Ultimate Compound to remove swirl marks and bring back some luster in the shine.

My question, what do you recommend product wise that I get to do the following (if different pads are necessary mention them)
1. Remove swirl marks from the paint
2. Polish the car leaving a nice shiney look to it.

Thanks for all of your help.

cleanmycorolla
01-27-2013, 12:04 PM
You'll probably want a finer polish considering Hondas have soft paint, if not at least follow UC up with Ulitimate Polish or m205....

you'll need pads, probably light cutting and polishing pads as well. A shiny car is all in the prep work, so just polish it out nice and what wax you use shouldn't matter, it's the polishing and cutting of paint that gives you 99% of your shine.