PDA

View Full Version : Zep Citrus Degreaser???

ski2
01-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Every time I'm in Home Depot I see the Zep Citrus Degreaser for only $11.47 per gallon, but it says "not for use on automotive paint"

Can it be used safely to strip LSPs?? What dilution rate would be safe to strip LSPs??

pickles
01-27-2013, 09:44 AM
Every time I'm in Home Depot I see the Zep Citrus Degreaser for only $11.47 per gallon, but it says "not for use on automotive paint"

Can it be used safely to strip LSPs?? What dilution rate would be safe to strip LSPs??

I love this stuff,especially the smell of the citrus version and the price is reasonable. I get it at o'reillys. The bottle says not to use it on a lot of areas including wheels but I use it to clean the wheel wells,rims,tires,engine bay and any tough stains on the interior. I also use it to clean tile ,toilets, and anything really that gets nasty inside cause I like the citrus smell. It also works well as a spot treatment for the rim towels.
But no I would never use it on the paint.

jusdach
01-27-2013, 09:54 AM
ski2,

Dillute your zep with water to a 4:1 ratio and you're good to go, works great on tires and wheels. Cuts the price even deeper as well.

TundraPower
01-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Awesome stuff brother. I use it full strength on tires and wheel wells etc. and diluted 10:1 for glass. I used it on wheels once...won't be doing that again. Once in a while they sell another one that IS safe on paint or anything else. Comes in a quart spray bottle.

ski2
01-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks!! So I guess using it to strip LSPs is out.

Tex Star Detail
01-28-2013, 08:48 AM
I use it mainly on tires and wheel wells with great results. The bees seem to flock to it too. Lol

SON1C
01-28-2013, 09:06 AM
My buddy uses it, I came over and used it to strip my lsp, damaged the trim around my brand new headlights, I would never use it personally

TundraPower
01-28-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks!! So I guess using it to strip LSPs is out.

P21S Total Auto Wash is the ultimate Citrus Degreaser. Totally safe on anything and very powerful undiluted. Certainly not cheap but it lasts a long time.