PDA

View Full Version : Those that use Pad Washers

Boudin
01-27-2013, 08:42 AM
I am wanting to hear from you guys that use the Pad washers, such as this one Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer,Dual action orbital pad washer, foam and wool pad washer, rotary pad washer, Cyclo pad washer, Porter Cable pad (http://www.autogeek.net/grit-guard-universal-pad-washer.html)

I am wondering if after washing and drying it, is it immediately ready to use again or do you have to make sure the pad is 100% dry first?

I've already ordered it and waiting for it to come in. I've watched Mike's video already on how to use it, but still curious about using the pad is it's still damp..

Thanks,
Justin

master detailer
01-27-2013, 08:46 AM
damp is ok just put on the buffer and run for 10 sec. good to go

Eandras
01-27-2013, 08:51 AM
The pad washers are the way to go. A quick dip in the pad washer get them clean. A quick spin on a 4 or 5 help gets the pad dry.

Ed

:autowash: :buffing:

BobbyG
01-27-2013, 08:59 AM
:iagree: +3

Pad washers do a phenomenal job at cleaning even some of the dirtiest pads. I use DP's Citrus pad cleaner and achieve outstanding results. To dry my pads I simply spin them for a few seconds at a high RPM then they're ready to use..

A personal tip: Once the pad is clean, I liberally spray the clean pad with clean water as a rinse then spin it. I like to be sure that no citrus cleaners remain that could affect the products I'm using.

If I'm strictly cleaning, I wash them using the pad cleaner as described above then toss the pads into a bucket of clean water to rinse, then spin dry...

Boudin
01-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks fellas

Boudin
01-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Sorry, one more question. Can I use Zeps Citrus Degreaser in the washer to clean pads?

Boudin
01-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Anyone? What OTC products can you use in the washer?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

gcarloss
01-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Hello, I new to this formum. I have a Porter Cable DA and I here that its not good to run your plisher while you are drying or cleaning your microfiber pads. Is this true?

Boudin
01-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Well I used it today with a couple ounces of the Zeps mixed in and also sprayed pad with the Grit Gaurd spray that came with it. Results were good but I did order DP pad rejuvenatator as part of my 3 recent AG orders $500+. :eek:

Boudin
01-31-2013, 09:34 PM
Hello, I new to this formum. I have a Porter Cable DA and I here that its not good to run your plisher while you are drying or cleaning your microfiber pads. Is this true?

It's not advised to run the machine without pressure against the pad. But you are placing pressure on the pad when cleaning.

Shane731
01-31-2013, 10:27 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/29698-product-review-grit-guard-universal-pad-washer.html

HellaBroke
01-31-2013, 11:10 PM
It's not advised to run the machine without pressure against the pad. But you are placing pressure on the pad when cleaning.

I think he's referring to the "spin dry" and I normally have it on 5 and spin it with my hand touching the bottom not for heavy pressure but a touching....

I personally clean rinse spin and then let it sit on a rack untill I rotate again... I think the best way to keep the system I use is to always have 3 of the same pad minimum and just rotate them through... Two drying one in use... A pad that's slightly damp I don't like how it slings product so I like mine dry dry