PDA

View Full Version : Crayola Gallon Pump Dispenser

swanicyouth
01-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Got this from Ebay for $4.99 delivered if I recall. Looks pretty similar to the one's sold by AG, CG, and others. The
only reason I picked it up from Ebay was because the price of shipping was included and I didn't need to order anything else, as I'm waiting until Detail Fest (and it's sale) to bring home the mother load. I am on picking up a few more then.

I thought I would make a fast & short IPhone video (quality not the best) demonstrating how it works for me, since there has been talk of this item and similar items recently. It was sold as a "Crayola" (as in the crayons) product. This is the 3rd "brand" of gallon dispenser I own. While all are similar, each design is slightly different enough to show they all did not come from the same mold.

Interestingly, this one dispenses 1/4 oz (~ 7.5 mls) per pump when using water as demonstrated. Most others I believe dispense between 1/2 - 1 ounce. I did this only as a demo, as I'm not really planning on using it to pump tap water out of one milk jug into half of another. I'm actually planning on using it with a new gallon of Grime Reaper when I need to mix more.

Check it out:

http://youtu.be/NxhZI4Pvr8g

PPLd
01-26-2013, 09:14 PM
It is sold in pack of 4, $8.94 shipped from walmart, probably the cheapest dispenser pump you can buy.

Fishincricket
01-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Dude, I just realized I just watched (intently) a video of a grown man pumping water out of a jug... For over 50 seconds.

I may need to back away from the computer for a bit. lol :dizzy:

swanicyouth
01-27-2013, 03:27 AM
Dude, I just realized I just watched (intently) a video of a grown man pumping water out of a jug... For over 50 seconds.

I may need to back away from the computer for a bit. lol :dizzy:

Yeah, it is pretty funny, isnt it? Before I did this I was at a 1 year olds birthday party for 4 hours filled with babies and toddlers crying and spitting up. When I got home I was so happy to be back in the garage I was ready to kiss the concrete floor.

AutowerxDetailing
01-27-2013, 03:49 AM
dude, i just realized i just watched (intently) a video of a grown man pumping water out of a jug... For over 50 seconds.

I may need to back away from the computer for a bit. Lol :dizzy:

lmao!!!

willtothewong
01-27-2013, 11:18 AM
I was just looking for a good dispenser so I can actually use my products without either using too little or too much.

Thanks for the info!

swanicyouth
01-27-2013, 11:56 AM
I was just looking for a good dispenser so I can actually use my products without either using too little or too much.

Thanks for the info!

This one is 4 pumps to an ounce, with water at least. As you can see, so far, it doesn't leak or dribble or shoot a mess all over. It's also one of the cheapest ones out there, with prices on the net as low as $1.75 (w/o shipping)

tuscarora dave
01-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Those are nice to have. I used to get mine from Poorboy's but I've since switched to 5 gallon containers for a lot of stuff I use. Thankfully when I buy a "Five" from my local supplier, he throws in a large pump dispenser for free.

BrutalNoodle
01-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Judging from the video, I'd say this is the better pump than the ones I purchased from here @ AG. All four dripped quit a bit of product* after usage.

Charlie's Soap
Meg's APC+
Meg's Last Touch
Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba

SON1C
01-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Awesome, thanks for taking the time
I've been hunting a quality dispenser