PDA

View Full Version : Is it STILL being used??????

Pages : [1] 2

red91lx
05-04-2007, 04:10 AM
There is a product called "Liquid Glass" wax or polish that sells in most local autoparts stores. It's been around for years (a lot of years). The can has always been a metal, flat sided with a photo of a customized blown Corvette on the front. Prices at about $20 per can.

What is this stuff and what is it good for?......or is it a leftover from the 60's?

sparkie
05-04-2007, 05:02 AM
I think it's awesome stuff IMO, just haven't used it lately. Here is one I done using it.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/2256-detail-95-taurus.html
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/lostdog008-1.jpg

Liquid Glass products form a shiny, hard glass-like protective coating on your car! Liquid Glass will bring out a radiant glow in your car’s finish. (http://www.autogeek.net/liquidglass.html)

Wear diamonds and minks, or at least let your car! Liquid Glass will clean, protect and add shine with the highest quality of ingredients known to man.

We have all treated ourselves to the best of something at least once in our lives. Perhaps it was Kobe beef steak at a fancy restaurant or a designer silk tie. Or perhaps it was the purchase of a top end vehicle. Your car, in most cases, is the second largest investment you will make, that’s why you should treat it with the best car detailing products available. When you work hard you deserve a little luxury, and Liquid Glass is a great way to get the best, for less. Liquid Glass uses the highest quality of ingredients…we’re talking crystal clear carbon (same compound that is found in diamonds) and luscious mink oil. These ingredients paired with technological advances, form high quality products that will bring out a natural shine and luster in your finish worthy of a showroom.

Liquid Glass will bring out a radiant glow in your car’s finish, and prismatic facets that are comparable to the multi-tone luster of fine lead crystal. The clarity is simply amazing, and the process takes minutes, not hours, to complete.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/geekvette.jpgLiquid Glass has created products for both exterior and interior cleaning, as well as a cleaner specifically geared towards nautical transportation.

Exterior Cleaning and Polishing: The first step includes exterior products that will clean your car (Liquid Glass Wash Concentrate), and Liquid Glass Pre-Cleaner which will leave the paint prepped for polishing. The second step is Liquid Glass's Auto Polish/Finish which contains an array of high-grade polishers that transform your finish into showroom quality.

Interior Cleaning and Polishing: Your interior is important to the general appearance of your car. Liquid Glass Connoisseur’s Choice products will clean, condition, and protect all rubber, vinyl and leather, and wood surfaces. The Liquid Glass Connoisseur’s Choice Protectant even includes a strong UV sunscreen to protect against damage from the sun.

These products together make up The Liquid Glass Total Appearance System. Each product is unique and is designed to work in relation to and in conjunction with the others in order to offer you optimum results. With regular uses of all five products the treated surfaces will remain shiny, satin smooth, and resistant to all natural destructive elements. This system provides you with the ultimate in shine, durability and protection.

dengood1
05-04-2007, 05:09 AM
Yeah, it's a nice product.

BILL
05-04-2007, 06:19 AM
Yeah, it's a nice product.

AND I WONDER IT IT DRYS CLEAN..NO WHITE CAULKINESS....:confused:

coupe
05-04-2007, 07:21 AM
It hazes like a wax

BILL
05-04-2007, 04:59 PM
It hazes like a wax

THANKS.I GUESS IM JUST SPOILED BY SOVERAN PASTE WITH THE WOWO..:)

orngez
05-04-2007, 05:01 PM
after using souveran you definitely get spoiled wishing everything was wowo...

klumzypinoy
05-05-2007, 01:59 AM
after using souveran you definitely get spoiled wishing everything was wowo...

I kinda take longer with wowo :( I'm faster waxing the whole car then buff everything off. I should renew my techniques. Any tips on WOWOing faster?

I have not used Liquid Glass, but I thought the can it comes in looks cool. I see it in Pep Boys. I'm pretty content with my collection of waxes though :)

BILL
05-05-2007, 07:22 AM
I kinda take longer with wowo :( I'm faster waxing the whole car then buff everything off. I should renew my techniques. Any tips on WOWOing faster?

I have not used Liquid Glass, but I thought the can it comes in looks cool. I see it in Pep Boys. I'm pretty content with my collection of waxes though :)

LONGER TIME FOR WOWO?? I'D THINK FASTER SINCE YOUR COMPLETING EACH PANEL AS YOU GO....

NO TIPS....JUST BOTH WAX AND TOWEL IN EACH HAND AND GO......:cheers:

klumzypinoy
05-06-2007, 01:26 AM
LONGER TIME FOR WOWO?? I'D THINK FASTER SINCE YOUR COMPLETING EACH PANEL AS YOU GO....

NO TIPS....JUST BOTH WAX AND TOWEL IN EACH HAND AND GO......:cheers:

Maybe I'm just slow :D

BILL
05-06-2007, 07:18 AM
Maybe I'm just slow :D

In A long run being slow may be better.....more concentration on coverage;)

klumzypinoy
05-06-2007, 04:13 PM
In A long run being slow may be better.....more concentration on coverage;)

Yeah that's true. Sometimes I lose track where I made coverage :o

Al-53
05-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Liquid Glass is really not a bad product...it use to be a strong cleaner type product..but I think it was reformulated due to VOC regs....and has a good slick shine...it's strong point was it was very durable...I use to use it in the late 70's and early 80's...I know some that still use it and thier cars or trucks look very good....they claim on the site that it can be layered...It sorta reminds me of Klasse SG...very glossy ..but no real depth...

Funny thing was it wanted you to put it in the sun after buffing it off....to set it up...but you could add another coat in 4-5 hours after it was sunned to dry....I know it is used alot on small airplanes...

It looked good on my 70 Mach1 429 SCJ...wish I had it now...lol

Al

BILL
05-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Liquid Glass is really not a bad product...it use to be a strong cleaner type product..but I think it was reformulated due to VOC regs....and has a good slick shine...it's strong point was it was very durable...I use to use it in the late 70's and early 80's...I know some that still use it and thier cars or trucks look very good....they claim on the site that it can be layered...It sorta reminds me of Klasse SG...very glossy ..but no real depth...

Funny thing was it wanted you to put it in the sun after buffing it off....to set it up...but you could add another coat in 4-5 hours after it was sunned to dry....I know it is used alot on small airplanes...

It looked good on my 70 Mach1 429 SCJ...wish I had it now...lol

Al

For $20 bucks i wonder of an alternative up to date product for $20 bucks

ScottB
05-06-2007, 07:35 PM
I got to try the Liquid Glass detailer this weekend over Optimum OS. Very noticable difference in gloss and reflection. No streaking, and looks better than Aquawax initially on grey. I havent used the sealant version in many years, but memory serves it to be quite durable.