PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans area detailers????

Success
01-26-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm looking for a local person who has opti coat experience that can help me with application. I just want to do one panel and see if I can pick up any tips. Ill compensate you for your time. Thanks
James

Radarryan
01-26-2013, 06:05 PM
When I lived in Nola the only professional detail shop (non mobile) was in Metairie off of Vets & Transcontential. Sorry the name is eluding me as I usually do everything detail related myself. Wait, I'm also remembering a place that was near my house that was in Uptown off of Tchop. I think it was around Tchop and Jeferson.

Sorry I can't be more help but I moved a few years ago. I'm in your boat too; my order of Opti-Coat 2.0 was delivered yesterday. Now all I have to do is prepare the surface and hope for the best. Good luck and happy detailing!

chris.ganucheau
01-26-2013, 06:57 PM
I believe your thinking of Johnny's detailing on David drive off veterans hwy. I don't know of any places on transcontinental though

Radarryan
01-26-2013, 07:04 PM
I believe your thinking of Johnny's detailing on David drive off veterans hwy. I don't know of any places on transcontinental though

Must be. Sorry, it's been awhile since I got anything detailed from anyone other than myself.

HellaBroke
01-26-2013, 10:11 PM
I know this doesn't help you at all and I'm sorry but I think you should take the plunge and just do it. Application is t the hard part with opticoat it's your prep work. What you see is what you get... I'm in Gulfport just down the road and I will say having a climate controlled garage is pretty much a must. (Although this week has been perfect!!! 70 degrees woohoo!) I think you can tackle this on your own. If it turns out Funky you can take it off with a fine polish. ) really this is why test spot is preached so much/everywhere a painted mirror cap would work as a great test spot or a front fender. Tackle the whole piece though unlike a 12"x12" normal test spot.
Good luck. Watch some videos read some posts. And have confidence you can do it!

Success
01-26-2013, 10:28 PM
I plan to just do it once it comes in. Just seeing if there were any pros in my area. I've literally watched every application video on YouTube. I'm not gonna tackle this all at once. Gonna just do a panel a day--limited time with school and family.

BigA3723
01-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Funny this thread just started as I too am in New Orleans area and looking for a detailer that doesn't just wash and wax with whatever Pep Boys sells. I found a mobile guy that knew all about paint correction and all the high end products I purchased and used from here, but I just got my new car and still haven't used him yet. Will let you know how he works out, unless we can find someone from this forum in area.

Here is link to local guy I met and was going to try:

Home (http://www.hydroworksautomotive.com/index.html)

Success
01-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks but I was just looking for someone to go over how to apply oc. Make sure I didn't waste my time or product but I'm feeling pretty confident now.