PDA

View Full Version : Well, i finally got an extra $100

LazyGhost
01-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Now its time to get some pads for the gg6 with a 5" backing plate.

I was thinking of the 6 pack of 5.5" flats. If i buy two of the six packs thatll give me twelve pads for $70.
The first vehicle ill do is my fatherinlaws 98' f150. Its never been detailed and has its share of scratches and swirlies, but is a nice enough looking truck otherwise.

Polishes/compounds at my disposal

Megs ultimate compound
Megs ultimate polish
SF4500

I see good comments about the microfiber cutting pads. I am open to adding them to my first order as well. My name is "Lazy" for a reason, so i wont neccessarily have to have enough pads to complete the job in one session. I figure ill whack at it 3 or 4 days before im done. Plenty of time to wash and reuse pads.

Im thinking,

4 orange
3 white
3 gray
2 sealant pads of yalls recommendation.

Whatcha think?

Also, I really appreciate all the advice and feedback that ive recieved personally, and read in other posts. I am guilty of not always coming back and saying a "Thank you" when its all said and done. So now im saying it.

THANK YOU! Your help is very much appreciated.

spiralout462
01-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Looks like a plan to me. I made the mistake of not getting enough pads when I bought my machine. Every time I order I get more. It's hard to say which color you will use the most. White seems to be my "go to" for my wifes car, but it is usually to aggressive for my truck. I like the 5.5" LC flats, but I have been using LC Hydrotech lately. Do you have a 3.5" bp as well? Some 4" pads might be a good idea.

Wheelzntoys
01-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Are these the ones your ordering?

Lake Country 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Beveled Edge Foam Pads, buffing pads, Lake Country curved edge pads, polishing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-beveled-edge-pads.html)

LazyGhost
01-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Looks like a plan to me. I made the mistake of not getting enough pads when I bought my machine. Every time I order I get more. It's hard to say which color you will use the most. White seems to be my "go to" for my wifes car, but it is usually to aggressive for my truck. I like the 5.5" LC flats, but I have been using LC Hydrotech lately. Do you have a 3.5" bp as well? Some 4" pads might be a good idea.

I dont have the small backing plate yet. That has been on my mind lately but for some reason i forgot about it when i made this post. lol. Thanks for the reminder!

LazyGhost
01-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Are these the ones your ordering?

Lake Country 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Beveled Edge Foam Pads, buffing pads, Lake Country curved edge pads, polishing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-beveled-edge-pads.html)

Yes

Detail-Impressions
01-26-2013, 01:16 AM
3 orange (depending on paint, some times marrs)
3 dark green (great go to pad, depending on the Polish/Cut)
4 white (Polish)
1 gray (sealant)
1 red (wax)