PDA

View Full Version : SON1C Synopsis 29 : Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner Review

Pages : [1] 2 3

SON1C
01-25-2013, 07:07 PM
This clever device saves you the trouble of trying to measure out concentrated products and pour them into another bottle. The Proportioner does it for you. Simply twist the Proportioner onto a bottle of your favorite product. Twist the black top to raise or lower the green regulator to the desired amount of liquid. Squeeze the bottle and watch the reservoir fill. Measurements in ounces and milliliters are marked on the side of the reservoir. Release the bottle and the liquid will drain down to the amount you selected. Flip the pop-top and pour the precisely measured liquid into another bottle. No dripping, spilling, or waste!
Product Description sourced from
Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner 128 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/bottle-proportioners.html)

This product? One word, Awful. I'd honestly like my money back lol.. Now let me show you why, and then I'll explain further.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab134/Elias101a/Drews%20Detailing/Writeups/5BA65802-A1D4-43F8-AA2B-872C5AF6D9FF-657-0000003DB23AA53B.jpg
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab134/Elias101a/Drews%20Detailing/Writeups/8B4EEDB2-6B31-4728-AAE1-A2677626F67A-657-0000003DBA2814E8.jpg
Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner pictured on my gallon of apc+
after some use it sits cock-eyed for whatever reason.. that must lead to accurate readings.. (sarcasm)
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab134/Elias101a/Drews%20Detailing/Writeups/A8235841-F2FA-4B39-9F3B-9BC0CD48F3CC-657-0000003DC0B2FA2F.jpg
The spout -> the cap hovers awkwardly close after you pop it off and even bending it'll retain its position pretty well
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab134/Elias101a/Drews%20Detailing/Writeups/F3FA0DB1-7601-464A-B165-CDCC03CDD045-657-0000003DC991AD0C.jpg

2 oz measured out here (apologies I didn't picture the other side with the amounts on it)
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab134/Elias101a/Drews%20Detailing/Writeups/8B4EEDB2-6B31-4728-AAE1-A2677626F67A-657-0000003DBA2814E8.jpg

2 oz poured into a 2 oz bottle!
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab134/Elias101a/Drews%20Detailing/Writeups/7A713BEC-C22A-4B34-975D-6CDD245C18B9-657-0000003DD3B039D5.jpg
Doesn't pour out the amount you want it to, WHICH IS THE REASON YOU WOULD BUY THIS
So it's useless, you either get too much product or too little
Now check this out.. I read no where about any cleaning instructions etc, I poured out liquid in the proportioner after each use and still this developed ( I used it per directions on low viscosity liquids )
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab134/Elias101a/Drews%20Detailing/Writeups/409C6B27-A047-47C9-835A-1F75BD9725BE-657-0000003DE0884790.jpg
this junk will fill whatever you pour this into it, impossible to pour out all the liquid in it easily, check out this video.. its pretty bad.. (short and sweet just watch it lol)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGNtD0OfGjo]Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner Review - YouTube[/video]
note the shaking looks pretty violent on video.. its not lol just the angle close up I guess also heads up its HD watch it in HD if desired

Final thoughts? Don't waste your money.

ihaveacamaro
01-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks for your review! I'm actually a huge fan of this product, as I had none of the problems you mentioned. I especially like the 64 Oz version for my microfiber wash :)

Always nice to see varied opinions on products before you buy something, so thanks for the review again :)

CM8 6MT
01-25-2013, 07:14 PM
Haha man SON1C you review so many products I have a hard time keeping up!

I just measure my chemicals in a old fashioned measurement cup. I thought about these too before, good thing I read your review. Great insight!

SON1C
01-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Thanks for your review! I'm actually a huge fan of this product, as I had none of the problems you mentioned. I especially like the 64 Oz version for my microfiber wash :)

Always nice to see varied opinions on products before you buy something, so thanks for the review again :)
It worked in the beginning, but after a couple uses it got worse and worse, I've used it maybe ~10 times?
I'm not alone here lol check out these reviews that I did not read prior to purchasing..
Didn’t work, May 01, 2011
Reviewer: Mike
I tried this with a 128oz of ONR and while you can squeeze the proper amount into the chamber and have the rest drain back into the bottle, the entire bottle will pour out the same drain hole when you tilt to pour it out. AG sent me a replacement and the 2nd one did the same thing. Bad design.

Not worth the money., May 26, 2011
Reviewer: Andy
As the previous reviewer stated, while you can measure product in to it, once you tilt the bottle to pour, additional product will flow out. Therefor you loose all accuracy.

I have come up with a work around, which is this:
After you measure out the amount you want, increase the divider so it is above your product. Making sure not to squeeze any more product in, take the pro-blend off of the bottle, and let any product in the tube drain out. You can now pour your product out in to your smaller bottle, bucket, etc and it will be accurate to what you originally put in the pro-blend. Certainly not as easy as advertised, and not worth the money.

doesn’t work, November 16, 2011
Reviewer: Michael
Basically, when you start to pour it out of the proportioner, more liquid comes out of the tube and it just keeps coming and coming and coming... then you think to yourself, how much did I just pour into the bottle, because it was obviously more than I measured? So basically, its useless and no better than pouring blind

Does’t do what it’s supposed to do, December 30, 2011
Reviewer: Bruce
I encountered the same problem others did, you meter a certain amount but when you start to pour additional product flows out.

Doesn’t work, April 23, 2012
Reviewer: Trevor
Worked the first time I used it and that was the only time it worked. Cool idea, but it doesn’t work. Wish I had payed attention to the reviews before buying!

Note I copy and pasted the whole line of reviews from the product page 128 oz , every review posted.. 1 star.. lol

Haha man SON1C you review so many products I have a hard time keeping up!

I just measure my chemicals in a old fashioned measurement cup. I thought about these too before, good thing I read your review. Great insight!
lol I have been cranking them out as of late, and many more to come!
yeah I use that as well, usually just use 1 oz measuring cups I actually got from ag in a 3 pk

ihaveacamaro
01-25-2013, 07:36 PM
No disrespect to you sonic (you make great reviews) or any of those reviewers you posted but what someone else experiences doesn't dictate what I have and continue to experience. I have only used the 128 oz one a few times and liked it but I have used the 64 oz one too many times to count and it has never failed me. Mine are also not crooked.

Two things:
1) did you cut the tube to fit the container? As it is, it is much too large. Maybe that's why yours is crooked?

2) I will love to check out the accuracy now, thanks for the tip. I will update with my findings.

SON1C
01-25-2013, 07:39 PM
No disrespect to you sonic (you make great reviews) or any of those reviewers you posted but what someone else experiences doesn't dictate what I have and continue to experience. I have only used the 128 oz one a few times and liked it but I have used the 64 oz one too many times to count and it has never failed me. Mine are also not crooked.

Two things:
1) did you cut the tube to fit the container? As it is, it is much too large. Maybe that's why yours is crooked?

2) I will love to check out the accuracy now, thanks for the tip. I will update with my findings.

rashan,
lol I'm not discrediting you, I'm just saying that my experience wasn't rare
1) it wasn't crooked to begin with (after initial install and early uses), tube was never cut as it shouldn't have to be imo
2) I hope it works for you :xyxthumbs: on the second product page for this product there are a couple positive reviews :dunno: maybe it depends on the product used partially

ihaveacamaro
01-25-2013, 07:54 PM
rashan,
lol I'm not discrediting you, I'm just saying that my experience wasn't rare
1) it wasn't crooked to begin with (after initial install and early uses), tube was never cut as it shouldn't have to be imo
2) I hope it works for you :xyxthumbs: on the second product page for this product there are a couple positive reviews :dunno: maybe it depends on the product used partially

Ok gotcha :)

Well the tube absolutely has to be cut, I think its odd that disagree because how could a one size fit all tube fit all the different kinds of gallon bottles out there? Cut it and the crooked problem will go away!

SON1C
01-25-2013, 08:01 PM

Well the tube absolutely has to be cut, I think its odd that disagree because how could a one size fit all tube fit all the different kinds of gallon bottles out there? Cut it and the crooked problem will go away!

no it became crooked after use, iirc the tube fits fine in the container, and this gallon jug is the most common imo

dooyaunastan
01-25-2013, 08:03 PM
If the tube is contacting the bottom of your gallon-size container, that would easily explain the crookedness of your device. If it's not making contact, then I can't fathom any reason why it would be necessary to cut the tube. If the gallon container has enough vertical clearance, then the tube should not have to be altered.

DaveT435
01-25-2013, 08:13 PM

Agree with cutting the tube. I have only used mine 7 or 8 times and it's worked perfectly. I got the smaller one also. That one you wouldn't get on a bottle unless you cut the tube. I didn't however see anything about the viscosity thing. I can guarantee it doesn't work on chemical guys shampoos. lol

SON1C
01-25-2013, 08:16 PM
It's not the tube.

DaveT435
01-25-2013, 08:16 PM
If the tube is contacting the bottom of your gallon-size container, that would easily explain the crookedness of your device. If it's not making contact, then I can't fathom any reason why it would be necessary to cut the tube. If the gallon container has enough vertical clearance, then the tube should not have to be altered.
From the directions

The Bottle Proportioner Combo comes with two different sizes: gallon and quart. The Gallon Pro Blend has a 38 mm cap with a 12” tube. The Quart Pro Blend has a 28 mm cap with a 9 ½” tube. The tubes can be cut to size if necessary. Both fill cups hold up to 3 ounces.

DaveT435
01-25-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm not trying to argue with anyone. Obviously yours didn't work. Mine has been good. Doubtful that it is a tube issue as I can't see why that would let product continue to run out. But the tubes are too long for the bottles they are manufactured for.

Caleb@ImpeccableImage
01-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Looks like ill just stick to measuring cups. Thanks for the review my man.

SON1C
01-25-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm not trying to argue with anyone. Obviously yours didn't work. Mine has been good. Doubtful that it is a tube issue as I can't see why that would let product continue to run out. But the tubes are too long for the bottles they are manufactured for.
it worked in the beginning, but then all those gunk particles accumulated, then at some point it became crooked from changing oz rate, now it doesn't spit out the amounts I want, glad yours works lol

Looks like ill just stick to measuring cups. Thanks for the review my man.
you and me both caleb!
thanks for viewing :dblthumb2: