PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Polish II or Menzerna SF-4500

RandyD
01-25-2013, 02:44 PM
My car does not need much correction and paint is in almost like new condition but I am trying to get the best gloss or shine prior to applying a sealant. Which one of these polishes would be best to use with Griot's new D/A and what color pad from Griot's (Red, Black or Orange).

WRAPT C5Z06
01-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Optimum hyper polish spray with a Lake country hydrotech tangerine pad.

swanicyouth
01-25-2013, 02:49 PM
SF 4500 offers little if any correction. It primarily is to add gloss to dark colors as a final polish. Polish II is a medium polish that can remove defects. I don't use Griots pads, but you would use their middle pad to start. For worse defects, you can step it up to their most aggressive pad.

RhetoricMixes
01-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Optimum hyper polish spray with a Lake country hydrotech tangerine pad.

That is a excellent combo I use all the time. However if the vehicle doesn't have many defects use a lake country finishing pad with optimum hyper polish.

CM8 6MT
01-25-2013, 03:19 PM
SF 4500 offers little if any correction. It primarily is to add gloss to dark colors as a final polish. Polish II is a medium polish that can remove defects. I don't use Griots pads, but you would use their middle pad to start. For worse defects, you can step it up to their most aggressive pad.

I agree, and Griot's pads are not that good IMO.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
01-25-2013, 03:51 PM
For the absolute gloss and shine use the SF4500 along with Griots red pad.