PDA

View Full Version : 3rd time's the charm...Website Review !

Pages : [1] 2

Seth@NWCDetailing
01-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Well I've done it again. Third times the charm right? lol
It's not fully published still got pictures to work on, quite a bit too.
Anyway I'd definitely appreciate some feedback from this before I actually do publish it.
Thanks

Home - NWC Detail (http://northwestpolishing.websitebuilderpro.com)

:xyxthumbs:

Flatlander
01-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Hey Seth, site looks pretty good. I feel like it still has that "free site" feel. If you really want to impress you may have to sink a little more $ into it. My suggestion would be to find a template on themeforest.net or similar site and either fill in the details yourself or pay a friend to do it. Their templates are nice and very professional. Often people make a decision about your business JUST by the web site so you really want to blow them away. The investment up front will more than pay for itself.

Here is an example site I just picked randomly...

Connect – Responsive HTML Template Preview - ThemeForest (http://themeforest.net/item/connect-responsive-html-template/full_screen_preview/3861731)

Don't think I don't like your site, I do. It just doesn't make me say "Wow!". I think your location may be a negative and you really need to impress with your online presence. I wish you the best.
- Mike

Flatlander
01-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Sorry. Also, you site doesn't "scale" to tablet and phone size like the example I showed. That is VERY important to be formatted for all devices. Good luck!

Seth@NWCDetailing
01-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Hey Seth, site looks pretty good. I feel like it still has that "free site" feel. If you really want to impress you may have to sink a little more $ into it. My suggestion would be to find a template on themeforest.net or similar site and either fill in the details yourself or pay a friend to do it. Their templates are nice and very professional. Often people make a decision about your business JUST by the web site so you really want to blow them away. The investment up front will more than pay for itself.

Here is an example site I just picked randomly...

Connect – Responsive HTML Template Preview - ThemeForest (http://themeforest.net/item/connect-responsive-html-template/full_screen_preview/3861731)

Don't think I don't like your site, I do. It just doesn't make me say "Wow!". I think your location may be a negative and you really need to impress with your online presence. I wish you the best.
- Mike

Thanks Mike!
I agree with the "Free" look. I've just been trying to get all the details right and make it look as good as I can. I do need to have it professionally made. Thanks for the feedback. Ill see what I can do about it getting it where people get that "Wow!" reaction

Seth@NWCDetailing
01-25-2013, 06:54 PM
About as good as I can do with a free one, not really a tech. kind of guy.

Pureshine
01-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Hey Seth might want to change wording in your trademark detail. You suppose to put sealant on first then wax and the website looks good.
Todd

bmwohio
01-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Hey Seth might want to change wording in your trademark detail. You suppose to put sealant on first then wax and the website looks good.
Todd

Was coming here to post the same feedback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Seth@NWCDetailing
01-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Todd

Was coming here to post the same feedback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All taken care of, thanks for letting me know about it.
Ashamed to say that I didn't know that...

bmwohio
01-25-2013, 08:50 PM
All taken care of, thanks for letting me know about it.
Ashamed to say that I didn't know that...

Everything needs to be stripped off the paint in order for the sealant to chemically bond to the paint, then wax goes on top after cure time (if needed)

basicabe
01-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi - great site for free! :xyxthumbs: I'm a web designer/ developer and depending on time and budget, you sometimes have to go with what you can do.

Content is king. and you have the key information easy to find.

thing you might posssibly change:
home page - reduce the triangle of paragraphs to simple consecutive paragraphs that span the whole text area. - this will help with the FREE look - currently those paragraphs look like ads.

paragraph headline colors - pick one for consistency. I like the blue -

font - pick one for consistency. I lean toward the sans serif in this case.

Change services tab to read Services/Rates - clients can quickly find what they are looking for.

All the best!

David.

oldmodman
01-25-2013, 10:37 PM
And on the detailing services page in each row of pictures one is just a black square. Either put a picture there or delete the square.

T3 AutoDetails
01-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Might want to correct this: is good hands too: is in good hands. :-)

AutowerxDetailing
01-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Services Page:

On the services page I don't understand the difference between a "single service" and a "package." The difference doesn't seem to be explained anywhere on the page. This may confuse potential customers who will likely only spend 10-15 seconds on this page while shopping for a detailer. Adding a description on the differences would help clarify.

Online Booking:

There are several mentions of booking online and "fill out our form" but I do not see anywhere to do that. To simplify things for potential customers you could add a link within the content that is discussing booking online. That way people don't have to go looking for how to book an appointment once they decide to commit.

As a detailer I'm sure you will spend countless hours tweaking and improving things as you go until it's perfect. I hope you will find my feedback to be helpful! :xyxthumbs:

Pureshine
01-25-2013, 11:26 PM
It's cool Seth I still learn new stuff all the time bro.

Seth@NWCDetailing
01-26-2013, 02:15 AM
Everything needs to be stripped off the paint in order for the sealant to chemically bond to the paint, then wax goes on top after cure time (if needed)

Yeah I understand how the stripping of the old waxes and LSP's works, I just wasn't too familiar with procedure of PS and Wax. Your insight helps me with a better understanding though. Thanks

Hi - great site for free! :xyxthumbs: I'm a web designer/ developer and depending on time and budget, you sometimes have to go with what you can do.

Content is king. and you have the key information easy to find.

thing you might posssibly change:

home page - reduce the triangle of paragraphs to simple consecutive paragraphs that span the whole text area. - this will help with the FREE look - currently those paragraphs look like ads.

paragraph headline colors - pick one for consistency. I like the blue -

font - pick one for consistency. I lean toward the sans serif in this case.

Change services tab to read Services/Rates - clients can quickly find what they are looking for.

All the best!

David.

Thanks David, I took your advice and did what I could to change it so it doesn't look so scattered and doesn't have too many colors to confuse people. Thanks :xyxthumbs:

Might want to correct this: is good hands too: is in good hands. :-)

lol and that's why it's not published...thanks for letting me know man!

And on the detailing services page in each row of pictures one is just a black square. Either put a picture there or delete the square.

Its not published yet and I haven't taken all of my pictures.

Services Page:

On the services page I don't understand the difference between a "single service" and a "package." The difference doesn't seem to be explained anywhere on the page. This may confuse potential customers who will likely only spend 10-15 seconds on this page while shopping for a detailer. Adding a description on the differences would help clarify.

Online Booking:

There are several mentions of booking online and "fill out our form" but I do not see anywhere to do that. To simplify things for potential customers you could add a link within the content that is discussing booking online. That way people don't have to go looking for how to book an appointment once they decide to commit.

As a detailer I'm sure you will spend countless hours tweaking and improving things as you go until it's perfect. I hope you will find my feedback to be helpful! :xyxthumbs:

Thanks Nick! Definitely took your advice and made it a little simpler with both of your suggestions (hopefully).! lol
:xyxthumbs:

It's cool Seth I still learn new stuff all the time bro.
It seems to be a never ending process. As I stated earlier in the thread I'm much of a labor worker than tech kind of guy.lol