PDA

View Full Version : Bleach white tire cleaner

Crazy Diamond
01-25-2013, 10:37 AM
I noticed someone using this product and was just wondering,wouldn't this stuff eat up our tires over time due to the fact it contains bleach?

07gtcs
01-25-2013, 11:22 AM
I use it all the time to clean the raised white letters on my tires. I just replaced the original tires on my 03 truck. So 9 yrs worth of use with no issues.

Crazy Diamond
01-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Awesome thank you for the feed back, I'll have to give it a try, I did notice that it really cleans tires very well.

FUNX650
01-25-2013, 12:23 PM
due to the fact it contains bleach?

Sometimes it's difficult to discern what's really in a product.

MSDS's for: WESTLEY'S BLECHE-WHITE:

I.

Ingredient/Component ………………………………CAS#
Isopropyl alcohol………………………………………67-63-0
2-butoxyethanol……………………………….……..111-76-2
Linear alkylaryl sulfonate….…………………..25155-30-0
Sodium silicate……………………………………….6834-92-0
Water………………………………………………………7732-18-5

II.

2. Component Information

Component......................................... .........CAS#

Isopropyl alcohol........................................67-63-0
Butyl cellusolve........................................ ..111-76-2
Surfactants....................................... .........(Mixture)
Sodium silicate.......................................... .1344-09-8
Water............................................. ...........7732-18-5
Dye............................................... ............(Mixture)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Question:
Do you see any ingredients listed on these MSDS's that could be considered a "Bleach"?

Is "bleach" either an acid or a base (alkaline)...Or both?
What is the ph value of 'common bleaches'

Can a bleach be an oxidizer, a reducer...Or both?

I noticed someone using this product and was just wondering,wouldn't this stuff eat up our tires over time

Yes...I've used Westley's/Black Magic's/Sopus' Bleche White many times...

-Not saying that this product is detrimental to a tire's longevity, or not...
Never personally observed/studied/tested the above chemicals/ingredients affects on tire rubber-formulas.

-Neither have I done so on today's modern-tires whose formulas do not contain much natural rubber, if any.

RE: Westley's Bleche Concerns:

I would be more concerned about never allowing this product to ever come in contact with:
-Magnesium or bare-aluminum wheels
-Painted or glass-surfaces
-Any non-rubber items
-Personal eyewear, clothes/fabrics

:)

Bob

MPBGT
06-08-2013, 06:32 PM
I use bleche white every so often and have had a bottle for a couple years. I just ran out so I picked up a new one. Did they change something? It does not seem to work like my old bottle did. I did my normal routine, but it just seemed to sit on top of the tire. Either they changed it or I bought a bad batch because it did not work well at all. I just wanted to see if others had this issue.

newbdetailer
06-08-2013, 07:17 PM
I use bleche white every so often and have had a bottle for a couple years. I just ran out so I picked up a new one. Did they change something? It does not seem to work like my old bottle did. I did my normal routine, but it just seemed to sit on top of the tire. Either they changed it or I bought a bad batch because it did not work well at all. I just wanted to see if others had this issue.

Been using it for many years, but yes, the last bottle I bought smelled completely different than anything from the past. I don't think it is as strong as it used to be.

I have started using other apc's recently though, so I haven't used it in some time.