PDA

View Full Version : People who use their garage as a storage bin.

Pages : [1] 2

Crazy Diamond
01-25-2013, 10:30 AM
My neighbor just invested in a new BMW (sport coupe), curious why he never parks it in the garage, I noticed his garage door opened one day and it was packed with so much crap piled to the sky. I'm thinking that if you can afford a awesome new Beamer, you should be able to afford some type of storage unit. Is it just me or does any one else understand these kinds of car owners. I think the garage is very unrated to some people. It's kinda like moving your bed outside and sleeping there. Lol, :nomore:

Setec Astronomy
01-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I don't get it, either. My neighbor has a 2+ car garage, but both of their cars are outside in the cold. If I could change only one thing in my house, it would be to have a bigger garage for more cars...and then you see all these people with their garages full of everything except.

Crazy Diamond
01-25-2013, 10:43 AM
I hear ya,if your going to build a house, i say build it with the garage in mind first. Lol.

mackey
01-25-2013, 10:52 AM
hoarders and lack of organizational skills

Dr_Pain
01-25-2013, 10:53 AM
I hear ya,if your going to build a house, i say build it with the garage in mind first. Lol.

People have weird priority. I bought the land where I built, and designed the house, with anticipation of building a garage for my toys. I do have a 2 car garage (and storage) attached to the house for wifey, and this is mine (while in construction... you can only appreciate the size through seeing 2 concrete trucks parked in it):dblthumb2:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/photo41.JPG

Lim3
01-25-2013, 10:55 AM
im guilty of it. my garage has about 8-10 shelves againts the wall. giving my camaro th e garage space. but little wiggle room

02xtreme07SS
01-25-2013, 10:59 AM
I've never understood it either. Here in CA, you see garage used more like sheds than you see cars in them. It baffles me. When we built the 2 1/2 car garage at my parents house about 10 years ago, we built a complete 2nd story that could be used for storage to allow the garage to be used as a garage.

Shortspark
01-25-2013, 10:59 AM
I have a golf cart storage area and rear cart door, a garden supply room and a workshop room all being part of my oversize two car garage. Last May I bought a brand new MB ML350 that is simply gorgeous. I would never consider leaving it outside overnight. It shares the main space of the garage with my lawn tractor and its trailer and the golf cart that is parked towards the rear cart door. That gives me plenty of room to detail. Frankly, I don't know how anyone could do with less garage space!

Surfer
01-25-2013, 11:01 AM
I hear ya,if your going to build a house, i say build it with the garage in mind first. Lol.There's a house in my neighborhood, 4400 sqft.... 1 car garage :dunno: . I don't know who builds a nice house like that, on the water, dock etc... and then a tiny 1 car garage, not even an oversized 1 car at that. Everytime I drive by I'm like ### lol. Friends neighborhood though, there is another house about same size, however no garage at all.... don't know what builder or builder/owner would do that unless they have a screw loose in their head.

Setec Astronomy
01-25-2013, 11:04 AM

Ha ha...I always say my dream home is a large garage with a small attached house.

swanicyouth
01-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Many people aren't actually interested in maintaining their cars. They buy a BMW and just treat it like any other old car. They will tunnel wash it, not wash it, and never wax it. In a few years it will look beat up and they will want something "new" and probably trade it in for a SUV.

People just think a car is a wear item like a pair of sneakers. They look "new" for a month or two, if you want a "new" look, you just get a new one. Why bother to keep it in a garage?

07gtcs
01-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Ha ha...I always say my dream home is a large garage with a small attached house.

This is exactly what I tell my wife! 2,500 Sq ft Garage(minimum), 1,000 Sq Ft House.

Setec Astronomy
01-25-2013, 11:23 AM
People just think a car is a wear item like a pair of sneakers. They look "new" for a month or two, if you want a "new" look, you just get a new one. Why bother to keep it in a garage?

Yup, just like all their other posessions. And then people wonder why we have such a low savings rate in this country (well, among a lot of other reasons).

donb
01-25-2013, 11:39 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/photo41.JPG

Now that's a nice size garage!

feslope
01-25-2013, 12:22 PM
I have a friend with a 5 car attached garage. There is some neat storage in one end, 4 bays available. Neither he or his wife ever put their cars inside. Go figure?? :confused: