PDA

View Full Version : My Web Site - Review again please.

Pages : [1] 2

TundraPower
01-24-2013, 11:26 AM
I need more input on my web site, especially the prices. You can either select a service or "Listing Of All Services".

Thanks a million.

Birmingham Auto Detailing (http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com)

Gurge
01-24-2013, 11:52 AM
who are you? do you have a shop or do offer mobile service? This should be clear on the homepage

Your prices are ok with 2 big 'ifs"

IF your market can support those prices (are people willing to pay your prices)

IF you're worth that price (thats for you to decide based on clients expectations for the money they're paying and what you can deliver)

95oRANGEcRUSH
01-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Nice improvements.

I'll echo a suggestion from your last thread and that is to ditch the logos of the products you use. Unless you have permission, that could be a copyright/trademark issue. Instead, just verbalize the products used and then briefly describe the benefits. IE. "Here at Birmingham Auto Detailing, we only use the finest products to pamper your vehicle's many surfaces. We proudly use brands like Meguiar's, DeWalt, Dodo Juice, Pinnacle, Optimum and more. You can rest assured that these products are pH neutral and safe for your vehicle. Our constant research and knowledge of the automotive reconditioning market's latest products ensures your vehicle will see nothing short of the best to perfect its image!"

Also, on service pages I would bump the price up. Your price for each service is the bottom bullet point. I would bump this up to the name of each package. IE. Basic Wash - $55 and up, Mid-grade - $80 and up, etc. Make your pricing upfront and with the title of the package. As it is, it is not bad, but, the customer still has to hunt for it a little.

TundraPower
01-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Nice improvements.

I'll echo a suggestion from your last thread and that is to ditch the logos of the products you use. Unless you have permission, that could be a copyright/trademark issue. Instead, just verbalize the products used and then briefly describe the benefits. IE. "Here at Birmingham Auto Detailing, we only use the finest products to pamper your vehicle's many surfaces. We proudly use brands like Meguiar's, DeWalt, Dodo Juice, Pinnacle, Optimum and more. You can rest assured that these products are pH neutral and safe for your vehicle. Our constant research and knowledge of the automotive reconditioning market's latest products ensures your vehicle will see nothing short of the best to perfect its image!"

Also, on service pages I would bump the price up. Your price for each service is the bottom bullet point. I would bump this up to the name of each package. IE. Basic Wash - $55 and up, Mid-grade - $80 and up, etc. Make your pricing upfront and with the title of the package. As it is, it is not bad, but, the customer still has to hunt for it a little.

I would think company's would appreciate the advertisement. But maybe you're right and they don't like that. And I was thinking the same thing about the listing of the prices! Good eye my friend, Good eye. And many thanks for your time.

95oRANGEcRUSH
01-24-2013, 12:40 PM
I would think company's would appreciate the advertisement. But maybe you're right and they don't like that. And I was thinking the same thing about the listing of the prices! Good eye my friend, Good eye. And many thanks for your time.

Absolutely, you're welcome!

In regards to the logos, looking at the big picture, I don't think you would run into any issues displaying them. Corporate lawyers have bigger fish to fry when it comes to copyright/trademark infringement than a small time detailer. Just wanted to throw it out there so you can CYA.

:xyxthumbs:

LazyGhost
01-24-2013, 12:49 PM
I visited your page whrn you msde thr first post and when i clicked on the automobiles logo at the top of the page it wouldnt load the page. Same problem now. Im am using a mobile phone. Dont know if its your problem or mine. I dont usually have any problems with pages. Just lettin ya know.

Pureshine
01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm confused on your paint correction prices they all look the same and looks like your doing a 1 step in all of them. Not sure if anyone is willing to pay $135 to wash a car. Do you offer a wash/wax?

TundraPower
01-24-2013, 01:54 PM
who are you? do you have a shop or do offer mobile service? This should be clear on the homepage

Your prices are ok with 2 big 'ifs"

IF your market can support those prices (are people willing to pay your prices)

IF you're worth that price (thats for you to decide based on clients expectations for the money they're paying and what you can deliver)

I have a large shop at a private residence (see Contact Us). I do not do mobile detailing. As far as the prices go, I can see your points. My private customers have never complained so I guess I do a good enough job. Also, and I don't mean this badly, I want to keep the "riff-raff" customers away. That's one thing I don't need.

g26er
01-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Looks like a "responsive" website, as in optimized for mobile devices as well. Problem is when viewed on a mobile device or even a browser that is not full screen all the navigation disappears and I can't go anywhere.

TundraPower
01-24-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm confused on your paint correction prices they all look the same and looks like your doing a 1 step in all of them. Not sure if anyone is willing to pay $135 to wash a car. Do you offer a wash/wax?

I thought about that too. I don't really have a hard-set number of passes so I left that out. Maybe you're right. I didn't think anyone would care. Do you think $135 is too much including Clay? I thought it was low. Yes I do wash/wax it's just not on there yet.

TundraPower
01-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Looks like a "responsive" website, as in optimized for mobile devices as well. Problem is when viewed on a mobile device or even a browser that is not full screen all the navigation disappears and I can't go anywhere.

What browser are you using? I've tested it on all 5 major browsers on my PC. I will look into it though...many thanks.

g26er
01-24-2013, 02:14 PM
What browser are you using? I've tested it on all 5 major browsers on my PC. I will look into it though...many thanks.

Chrome, Firefox, Safari and a Android phone.

Just resize your browser smaller and all the navigation will disappear at a certain point. That's what it looks like on mobile devices as well.

I reduce the size of my browser to fit more stuff on the screen. (Multitasking) I really couldn't figure your site out until I increased the size of the browser and there it is. Tried it on my phone and no dice.

Edit: I'm not talking about having to scroll, I mean it literally disappears for me. Looks like LazyGhost a few posts up noticed this also.

I visited your page whrn you msde thr first post and when i clicked on the automobiles logo at the top of the page it wouldnt load the page. Same problem now. Im am using a mobile phone. Dont know if its your problem or mine. I dont usually have any problems with pages. Just lettin ya know.

Andr3wilson
01-24-2013, 02:52 PM

I agree with the polishing step. Clarify if it is a one/two/multistep polishing and correction process.

People are more than willing if you educate them. My Level 1 treatment is $200. Not including interior.

I see nothing wrong with them. Just remember that in the beginning, higher prices wont attract the masses until you have a reputation (take a year+ till you make a profit tbh). I dont have it advertised on my site, but I actually offer a monthly contract for $100 - basic wash/dry/vacuum/wipe down. This is very popular to keep your customers coming. Cut specials for the loyal one, this goes a long way.

My only advice is to maybe make it clearer to scroll down on the front page. I spent 2-3 minutes clicking on everything until I realized to scroll down.

I would suggest removing the logos of the companies too. If you are going to be more chic/high-end, KISS! (keep it simple simon)
Advertising the products you use isn't always the best way attract people. To the non-pro, swissvax and simoniz are the same. If you are going to advertise the products you use, give a quick little synopsis/history of the company. Dont force people to look and do research for themselves.

Take a look at my page
Protective coatings — i am Autos (http://iamautos.ca/protective-coatings/)

Hope this helps you!

TundraPower
01-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Chrome, Firefox, Safari and a Android phone.

Just resize your browser smaller and all the navigation will disappear at a certain point. That's what it looks like on mobile devices as well.

OMG you're right! I guess I've never had my browser shrunk down that small. I know it looks good on IPad's, I'm going to have to punt on Android for now. Thanks a million!

TundraPower
01-24-2013, 03:15 PM
I agree with the polishing step. Clarify if it is a one/two/multistep polishing and correction process.

People are more than willing if you educate them. My Level 1 treatment is $200. Not including interior.

I see nothing wrong with them. Just remember that in the beginning, higher prices wont attract the masses until you have a reputation (take a year+ till you make a profit tbh). I dont have it advertised on my site, but I actually offer a monthly contract for $100 - basic wash/dry/vacuum/wipe down. This is very popular to keep your customers coming. Cut specials for the loyal one, this goes a long way.

My only advice is to maybe make it clearer to scroll down on the front page. I spent 2-3 minutes clicking on everything until I realized to scroll down.

I would suggest removing the logos of the companies too. If you are going to be more chic/high-end, KISS! (keep it simple simon)
Advertising the products you use isn't always the best way attract people. To the non-pro, swissvax and simoniz are the same. If you are going to advertise the products you use, give a quick little synopsis/history of the company. Dont force people to look and do research for themselves.

Take a look at my page
Protective coatings — i am Autos (http://iamautos.ca/protective-coatings/)

Hope this helps you!

I guess I should have left the in-depth description of the correction steps in there. I will put it back in. And as many votes as I'm getting, the Products We Use is going away. Thanks again for your time. I know everyone here is busy.