PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna FG 400 rocks....

Joelotto
01-24-2013, 02:05 AM
Tomorrow I'm going to detail my 2009 Pearl White Maxima that I got about one month ago. When I first got it from the dealer it looked great but now that I've washed it a few times...whatever crap they put on came off and now I really got a good idea what the paint really looks like. It's not pretty!!!! I tried to get some pics but had a hard time showing the swirls and rids. If the sun is out tomorrow I will try to get some good pics before doing the detail. On both sides of the car along the lower half of the doors it looks like it was dirty at one point and they took it to a manual car wash and scrubbed it with a brush while real dirty.

This will be my first time doing a full detail so I couldn't wait. Got out the GG6 and SI 1500 just to see what works so I know what to use tomorrow. My test area was the hood so I tried SI 1500 with white and then orange pad but it was taking a long time to do one small area. Then I tried FG 400 with the white pad and ended up moving to the orange pad and it worked great. It looks so good with FG400 and the orange pad not really sure how much better I can get it to look. It looks great!!! I love FG400....lolIm the MAN

So now my question is...I was planning to follow up FG400 on a orange pad with SI4000 on a black pad. I don't mind spending the extra time but will I notice much of a difference on white paint going the extra step. what to you guys think??? I will also be taking pics and posting them in show and shine when this noob is all done....thanks for any feed back.....

Rsurfer
01-24-2013, 02:16 AM
So now my question is...I was planning to follow up FG400 on a orange pad with SI4000 on a black pad. I don't mind spending the extra time but will I notice much of a difference on white paint going the extra step. what to you guys think??? I will also be taking pics and posting them in show and shine when this noob is all done....thanks for any feed back.....

Did you mean SF4000? Do a test section and see if it's worth it.

Colinpd137
01-24-2013, 02:22 AM
FG 400 finishes down really nicely, so it all depends if the shine you want is there or not afterwards to make your decision. But a 4000 follow up on a white/black pad couldn't hurt! :D