PDA

View Full Version : hey guys new to the forum

luis9
01-24-2013, 01:51 AM
hey guys ive been reading around in the site and trying to learn new things. i am very passionate about keeping my cars as perfect as possible. however im a complete newb when it cones to serious detailing. i just recently purchased the wolfgang porter cable bundle that vomes with the wolfgang swirl remover and glase. i also purchased some cobra towels lake country pads klasse sealant and menzerna volor lock wax. so today i decided to remove swirls on the hood of my black 2013 lancer. i was very happy with the results but noticed i didnt have a polish. so what do you guys think about my setup. i clayed eith pinnacle, used wolfgang swirl remover and final glaze then i did a coat of klasse sealant and finished with menzerna colorlock wax. i would greatly appreciate any opinions ir suggestions. thanks guys

Pureshine
01-24-2013, 02:54 AM
Welcome to AGO :)

CM8 6MT
01-24-2013, 03:18 AM
Welcome Aboard :D

Mike Phillips
01-24-2013, 07:11 AM
Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

but noticed i didnt have a polish.

The Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is a "polish". Keep in mind that there are no laws, regulations or even guidelines in this industry to make polish companies use a set of standard terms to put on the label of their products to tell people what they are.

It comes down to the user to figure it out on their own and that's where discussion forums like this one comes in handy. The Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is a Fine Cut Polish and it is your last machine polishing product before you apply your LSP.

Also here's a friendly tip, when you have questions about products or process, write a title that tells the reader this. The title for this thread says,

hey guys new to the forum

So on the forum homepage, where new threads show up, only people that feel like "welcoming you" will click on your thread.

You will get more help if you create a "dedicated thread" for questions about detailing with a title like,

Need help choosing a polish for my car?

Then all the people that like to help others, (and that's usually more people than the group that "welcomes" new members), when they see that title they will click on it and post help and answers. That's how forums work. Make sense?

Check out these three articles,

Words mean things... just ask any Lawyer...

Word Definitions - Compounds, Polishes, Glazes, Paint Cleaners and Waxes (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/39020-word-definitions-compounds-polishes-glazes-paint-cleaners-waxes.html)

And here's a couple on how to get the best help on a forum...

A tip to help yourself get great answers when you start a thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/29344-tip-help-yourself-get-great-answers-when-you-start-thread.html)

How to write a good title for your thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/introduce-yourself/20306-how-write-good-title-your-post.html)

:)

BobbyG
01-24-2013, 07:17 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online Luis! :props:

GS2011
01-24-2013, 08:01 AM
:welcome:

vet
01-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Welcome!

Pats300zx
01-24-2013, 09:43 AM