PDA

View Full Version : What to use on plastic

Lightscapes
01-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Hey all forgive me cause I am new at this but what do you guys use to keep that plastic piece between the windshield and hood looking fresh black. Its where the wipers are located. My other trucks faded bad almost to a gray looking color. Thanks

MPBGT
01-23-2013, 08:14 PM
I personally like 303 Aerospace Protectant, there is also Sonus Tire and Trim dressing and Chemical Guys makes a product that has gotten some good reviews. I'm sure there is a long list that is on this site I'm missing

davey g-force
01-23-2013, 08:20 PM
I like Meguiars Ultimate Protectant, or Wolfgang Trim Sealant.

CM8 6MT
01-23-2013, 08:23 PM
I like Meguiars Ultimate Protectant, or Wolfgang Trim Sealant.

Agree, Wolfgang's Trim Sealant lasts a little bit longer too.

Edit: for a cheap alrernative you can go with Mother's Back to Black. You just need to know how to apply it right, durability lasts about 2-3 weeks.

Rsurfer
01-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Ultima Tire and Trim Guard or GTechniq C4.

davidc
01-23-2013, 08:36 PM
UTTG (Ultima Trim and Tire Guard) lasts for months

Dave

Lightscapes
01-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Great thanks lots of feedback, I think Im going to try the wolfgang product thanks add that to the cart....

cartman57
01-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Hey all forgive me cause I am new at this but what do you guys use to keep that plastic piece between the windshield and hood looking fresh black. Its where the wipers are located. My other trucks faded bad almost to a gray looking color. Thanks

Prep is important too, good reading and some product suggestions by forum members.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/59327-how-restore-exterior-black-plastic-trim.html

flamed03vert
01-25-2013, 08:28 AM
You guys hit all the bases. Clean, prep and protect. UTTG is pretty good. I like to dress it with 303 or Opti bond when I am done to give it a little more shine and deepen the color but that's just my taste.

GS2011
01-25-2013, 09:12 AM
UTTG (Ultima Trim and Tire Guard) lasts for months

Dave

:iagree:

Qusai
01-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Definitely uttg if you don't want to spend less money on a product like this. I honestly am pretty sure that you will get the same results with duragloss#271 rubber flat black dressing. If you are about to add Wolfgang to the cart, get the uttg instead for real. I don't have uttg but i would've bought it if i never had 271, which works wonders. I would have been had a bottle of 271 if I knew about it earlier! To each his own though and I know some people spend extra bucks on a product just to feel better about.

davidc
01-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Definitely uttg if you don't want to spend less money on a product like this. I honestly am pretty sure that you will get the same results with duragloss#271 rubber flat black dressing. If you are about to add Wolfgang to the cart, get the uttg instead for real. I don't have uttg but i would've bought it if i never had 271, which works wonders. I would have been had a bottle of 271 if I knew about it earlier! To each his own though and I know some people spend extra bucks on a product just to feel better about.

I definately agree that 271 works very well (So far) as I just started using it so I have no longevity data yet. 271 does turn dingy plastic black better than anything I have seen or used including the outrageous $$$$$$ per ounce products. I can also say UTTG is outstanding for protection, I reapply about every 3 months, not because it needs it but I want to be sure I do not go to long. Both 271 and UTTG takes very little product and a bottle of either will last a very long time before a replacement bottle is needed.

Dave

marabino87
01-30-2013, 07:51 PM
I used the mothers back to black and is horrible, then I got a meguiars prodcut that also didn't work, I recommend the product black restore from bondo, it's actually like a black paint and gives a nice new matte look

Old Tiger
02-22-2013, 05:32 PM
CarPro DeLux gets my vote. To prep CarPro TarX is amazing.