PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Carnuba Waxes

Pages : [1] 2 3

nubaseal
01-23-2013, 09:05 AM
I have to confess that I've got Carnuba fever after I tried Optimum Car Wax a few weeks ago. Up until now, I have been using only sealants and happy with the durability. But after using OCW, I am blown by the depth and warmth of the gloss. I am aware that OCW isn't the highest grade wax or even a lot of Carnuba. That is why I am willing to start buying the best Carnubas from across the world.

May I ask you to share a few of your favorites Carnubas and please exclude the Collinites. Not because they are bad, because we all know about them already. Plus they are hybrids in my opinion.

I am also not planning to go crazy with my money so please don't suggest a $1000 wax.

JAF06SE
01-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Meg's Gold Class is pretty good for the money. I know there is better but I personally do like to stick to the consumer lines for ease of purchase and price point. You still get a good product just not the top of the line and don't spend a fortune.

Andr3wilson
01-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Swissvax Shield - baby brother to crystal rock, last 6-12 months, smells soooo good. It's about $230 +/-$10 depending where you buy.

SON1C
01-23-2013, 09:51 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/59007-son1c-synopsis-20-pinnacle-natural-brilliance-signature-series-ii-paste-wax-review-picture-heavy-d-featuring-dodo-juice-mothers-chemical-guys.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/58131-son1c-synopsis-16-wolfgang-fuzion-review.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/58834-son1c-synopsis-18-dodo-juice-banana-armour-carnauba-wax-review.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/56412-son1c-synopsis-15-dodo-juice-orange-crush.html

57BORNTORUN
01-23-2013, 09:56 AM
If you would like I can cut a few leaves off of my Carnuba palm tree and you can experiment making your own.

swanicyouth
01-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Everyone has their opinions and with higher price you often get a nicer product (to a point). Two "waxes" I've been very impressed with recently are Fuzion and Pete's 53. Both seem to noticeably add a subjective gloss to the car. NaviWax Ultimate was also a recent pleasant surprise.

volrus
01-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Interested to hear the responses.

FUNX650
01-23-2013, 10:27 AM
@ OP:

Though I don't concur with many of your automotive-wax-products' evaluations;
and, I do suspect that carnuba-wax is used as a carrier in many wax formulations;
still, furthermore, it may be difficult to find an auto-wax that, even if it is carnuba-based
will not have some synthetic-ingredients included therein...Yet:

Notwithstanding the above:
I will provide the names of a couple of waxes (not 10) that may just 'fill the bill' for you.

But first, if I may, a foreword:

It has been said that for many, savvy, wax-connoisseurs:
Use of either of the following products on their vehicle(s)...
Will lead to one enjoying an insouciant life-style!

-1Grand Blitz Wax
-Harly Wax

Bob

RZJZA80
01-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Why spend a lot on a wax? How different can a wax really be from another wax? Unless it looks better AND lasts longer than Collinite 915, 476, or 845, I can't find a reason to spend more than what these cost.

swanicyouth
01-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Harly Wax is something I'm curious about. When people talked about it, I always thought the meant "Harley Wax" - as in a wax for Harley Davidson motor cycles. However I googled it and got the story. Maybe I'll try it this summer. 1 Grand was a wax you would see maybe 10 years ago, but for some reason its dropped off. No idea why.

cartman57
01-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Hard Candy by Dodo Juice.

nubaseal
01-23-2013, 11:27 AM
I was hoping for more responses and getting impatient so shortlisted two paste waxes for my dark blue Fiat:
1. PoorBoy Natty's Blue Paste Wax
2. Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub
3. Chemical Guys Pete's 53 Paste Wax

Anything on the above three will be very helpful.

07gtcs
01-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Blackfire Midnight Sun
Pinnacle

Judge
01-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Speaking from personal experience, whatever waxes you do end up purchasing, you should go with the sample sizes first. Otherwise you will end up with a shelf full of full size jars that you will never use up in this lifetime. This way you are avoiding being wasteful in terms of money and product. That is probably the best advice I can give to someone whom is just getting into this hobby. Especially where you already have OCW, which is plenty good enough in itself on top of being one of the easiest ways to wax your car. Plus there are plenty of high quality waxes that you can buy in a sample pot. Some examples include: Dodo Juice, Pinnacle Souveran, Wolfgang Fuzion, Blackfire Midnight Sun, Lusso Oro, and Victoria waxes

nubaseal
01-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Speaking from personal experience, whatever waxes you do end up purchasing, you should go with the sample sizes first. Otherwise you will end up with a shelf full of full size jars that you will never use up in this lifetime. This way you are avoiding being wasteful in terms of money and product. That is probably the best advice I can give to someone whom is just getting into this hobby. Especially where you already have OCW, which is plenty good enough in itself on top of being one of the easiest ways to wax your car. Plus there are plenty of high quality waxes that you can buy in a sample pot. Some examples include: Dodo Juice, Pinnacle Souveran, Wolfgang Fuzion, Blackfire Midnight Sun, Lusso Oro, and Victoria waxes

Thank You and I agree. I am looking at sample pots only. It boils down to Dodo or Poorboys Natty's Blue paste Wax. PB is a lot cheaper though.
I am buying in UK so here's the prices.

Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub - 1 OZ for about $10.00
Poorboys Natty's Blue Paste Wax - 8 OZ for about $18.00