PDA

View Full Version : Megs NXT and Ultimate?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Chase.Barnett
01-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Anyone ever used the paste of either one? They seem to have great reviews by customers, but what is the durability like? I'm interested, especially for the price.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

otruba_843
01-22-2013, 06:18 PM
The liquid version of NXT 2.0 was terrible for me durability wise

Setec Astronomy
01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
I haven't used the Ultimate...but NXT stains trim like a mofo.

CM8 6MT
01-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Anyone ever used the paste of either one? They seem to have great reviews by customers, but what is the durability like? I'm interested, especially for the price.

Personally I would ditch the NXT paste and go for the liquid instead. However if your interested in Ultimate Wax Paste, consider the following:

Ultimate Wax isnt really a "wax", its a completely synthetic sealant, theres no wax in it. Meguiar's claims its their longest lasting sealant.

Compared to something like M26, which is a hybrid wax meaning it contains both natural & man made ingredients. Ultimate Wax will outlast M26 by a longshot and have crispier & brighter looks (typical of sealants), but if your into the deeper glow of Carnuba based waxes, then M26 can achieve that.

spiralout462
01-22-2013, 06:32 PM
I've experienced great durability and shine with NXT 2.0 liquid.

Marc08EX
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
I love using my ultimate paste wax. So easy to use, gives great hydrophobic properties and provides an amazing shine. I can't speak for durability because I always use the x-press synthetic spray wax after every wash.

CM8 6MT
01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
I've experienced great durability and shine with NXT 2.0 liquid.

Likewise, I dont buy NXT anymore because I buy M21 by the gallon. Like with any sealant, it needs to be applied thin to prevent streaking.

Some people cannot apply thin when working with liquids...but with paste waxes it makes applying thin very easy.

ScottB
01-22-2013, 06:40 PM
The NXT 2.0 paste was easy to apply and remove like most offerings. It seemed a bit more durable but still needed the Spray Booster weekly after washing to really keep the look. I always found NXT in general to do an almost color shift, pleasing but different looking versus other paste waxes.

FUNX650
01-22-2013, 06:41 PM
-I really enjoy applying NXT 2.0 to vehicles...
Awesomely-Good stuff!! :dblthumb2:

-I received a tin of UPW for Christmas...
It's Grand Opening will have to wait for the Winter season to expire.

Now...
-I'd like to give an answer/opinion for NXT 2.0's durability when applied to your vehicle...
But I have no sure-fire way of knowing, or controling, the way in which your vehicle will be
taken care of; or any of the environmental "conditions" it will be exposed to.

Also...
-Since most waxes' life-span is ~ 4 weeks---perhaps 6...
I've found if I want to keep my vehicles protected:
I'll re-apply a another coat of wax as part of an ongoing maintenance plan...
That is to say: As the end of a wax's life-cycle is approaching.

I absolutely believe that soon:
You'll be extolling the virtues of these two Meguiar's products on the AGO forum.

:)

Bob

Circa40
01-22-2013, 06:48 PM
I haven't used nxt paste in a while but iirc the paste has tons of dust when compared to the liquid version.

spiralout462
01-22-2013, 06:51 PM
-I absolutely believe that soon:
You'll be extolling the virtues of these two Meguiar's products on the AGO forum.

:)

Bob

:iagree: "Extolling the virtues" indeed.

Setec Astronomy
01-22-2013, 06:51 PM
I always found NXT in general to do an almost color shift, pleasing but different looking versus other paste waxes.

Yeah, it did have that darkening effect. It was just really horrible on those cars that seem to have little bits of rubber trim/seals around everything like the door handles, etc. It would stain all that rubber.

Chase.Barnett
01-22-2013, 06:52 PM
I grabbed a can of ultimate paste a little while ago from Auto Zone up the street. So far, it's been sitting on my trunk for 30 minutes and still can't pass the swype test. I think I've reached the highest of reflections with my car (with my experience and my mini arsenal).

XMT 360 and 2 coats of 26 in the last week and I'm happy, I just keep looking for more because I am used to black.

CM8 6MT
01-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Yeah, it did have that darkening effect. It was just really horrible on those cars that seem to have little bits of rubber trim/seals around everything like the door handles, etc. It would stain all that rubber.

Yes it does stain rubber, which is a flaw to some. You can either tape up, or if you see that you got some product on the trim, wipe off immediately and youll have no issues.

ihaveacamaro
01-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Yes it does stain rubber, which is a flaw to some. You can either tape up, or if you see that you got some product on the trim, wipe off immediately and youll have no issues.

Or use something like Optimum Car Wax that lasts for months and doesn't stain trim either ;) :D

Sorry couldn't resist, just got a gallon of it!