PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk honestly

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

runrun411
01-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Okay ladies and gentlemen. Let's be honest. Let's see if we need a twelve step program for our passion. How many of you have gotten to the point that either you have or may have to start hiding your detail products or tools from your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend or significant other?

Iron400
01-22-2013, 05:21 PM
I have orders shipped to work.

Sent from my bag phone in 1989

runrun411
01-22-2013, 05:22 PM
I have orders shipped to work.

Sent from my bag phone in 1989

Me too, but now I'm gonna have to start hiding this stuff.

Setec Astronomy
01-22-2013, 05:27 PM
I used to have delusions of being able to use up what I've bought someday, but I realized it was just a delusion when I had to put my detailing stuff in my will.

golliger
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Okay ladies and gentlemen. Let's be honest. Let's see if we need a twelve step program for our passion. How many of you have gotten to the point that either you have or may have to start hiding your detail products or tools from your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend or significant other?
I passed that point a lonnnnng time ago. :o

mwoolfso
01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
It is a rarity that I would pick-up a shipment at UPS; but I have done it.

07gtcs
01-22-2013, 05:35 PM
My wife doesn't say anything about my collection, especially now that her car stays clean and shiney. But I do ship it to my office.

dad07
01-22-2013, 05:42 PM
my Detailing stuff is in plain sight in my shop. I have so much stuff My wife wouldn't have a clue if its new or old.

the only time she knows I have bought something is if she see's the cc bill or the ups man is running late.

FUNX650
01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
I believe that:
For an amicable relationship: Just stay within your means.

To Wit:
"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pound ought and six, result misery".

David Copperfield ~ Charles Dickens

Bob

BobbyG
01-22-2013, 06:16 PM
The key here is to have so much that adding something new goes unnoticed.....:D

"OH that? I've had for a couple years now".......:laughing:

Judge
01-22-2013, 06:17 PM
I used to have delusions of being able to use up what I've bought someday, but I realized it was just a delusion when I had to put my detailing stuff in my will.

That's how I started out. Once I had accumulated a heavy stock, but still felt the need to buy more, I started giving products away. Now I only buy in bulk what I know I go through quickly, like OPC

cardaddy
01-22-2013, 07:14 PM
my Detailing stuff is in plain sight in my shop. I have so much stuff My wife wouldn't have a clue if its new or old.

the only time she knows I have bought something is if she see's the cc bill or the ups man is running late.

Haaaaa...
Mine is too sharp for me to get away with it. She even checks my bank account on-line almost daily!

OTOH We have some old friends where the husband has been collecting stereo/video/home theather gear longer than me (being as he's 15 years older). He has 2 racks full on each side of his big screen and used to be he'd slip something in the rack when his wife was at work.

Well when we would go over he just held his breath hoping I wouldn't point something new out. Nothing brought me more joy than walking up up to his rack, reaching out and putting my finger on something and saying "HEY IS THIS NEW?" :D

His wife would stop in her steps and come-a-runnin'.... "YOU MEAN THIS ONE IS NEW?????" ROTFLMAO :laughing:

ProDetail
01-22-2013, 07:30 PM
The key here is to have so much that adding something new goes unnoticed.....:D

"OH that? I've had for a couple years now".......:laughing:

I like this approach... I'm gonna have to try it :dblthumb2:

Chito
01-22-2013, 07:37 PM
it's become an "addiction"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AG Online

hoyt66
01-22-2013, 07:38 PM
I must not buy much because my wife never says anything. Today I had a huge box on the porch and she thought it was from AG. Said" Hey I put your car cleaning things in the

mud room". Nope! Not this time honey. These are more mod's for my car. "Oh cuz you're going to drive it fast right"? Gotta love sarcasm and I gotta love my wife!:dblthumb2: