PDA

View Full Version : Swirls on Hood Only????

P8ntballer597
05-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey everyone. I have a 2007 Scion TC (characoal color) and it is only a few months old. I have babied it ever since I got it. At least once a week washes. It has a nice layer of glaze and wax on it. However, i've noticed some swirls on the hood. Only the hood though. No where else. Even with the halogens. Any perticular cause of this or should i just be grateful its only the hood? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

P.S. My I use the 2 bucket method with PB SSS, a schimt, and the guzzler.

scottgt
05-03-2007, 03:07 PM
thats wierd...cuz my friends scion is just like that...he has black...and its just the hood...i donno why it does that..but just nock it out with some polish and she will be good

Mike T
05-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Hey everyone. I have a 2007 Scion TC (characoal color) and it is only a few months old. I have babied it ever since I got it. At least once a week washes. It has a nice layer of glaze and wax on it. However, i've noticed some swirls on the hood. Only the hood though. No where else. Even with the halogens. Any perticular cause of this or should i just be grateful its only the hood? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Let me ask. Did you go around the car with a halogen light or do you just seem to notice them only on the hood?

supercharged
05-03-2007, 09:25 PM

Hood, roof, and trunk lid are the worst ones. especially hood. You have a lot of dirt/dust/grime landing on it while driving, so little swirls are unavoidable, even if you are carefull... Just remember that the more carefull you are, the less of them you will have.

P8ntballer597
05-03-2007, 10:14 PM
I visually noticed the ones on the hood when I was walking to it in the parking lot. I pulled out the halogens when I got home to confirm that they are only one the hood. I was relieved, but somewhat confused. The other panels, truck, hood was completly swirl-free.

tonyspop
05-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Did the dealer wash it before you took it home?Dealerships have no clue as to how to wash a vehicle:( I purchased a 2007 silverado in sept..Went over with a fine tooth comb.Paint was orange peeled a tad but pretty much swirl and scratch free.While signing final papers they wisked it off to the car wash without my knowledge.Got it home and found many minor scratches and swirls with one nasty scratch on the roof:( :( :( .Have you entertained the idea of a leaf blower???Its a less invasive method of drying than a towel.If you want to get the few bits of water left after blow drying just use a little spritz of qd before towel drying.:D