PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance with rinse less/waterless products and their benefits

My Detailing Guys
01-22-2013, 12:28 PM
I’m coming to the AG forum experts hoping to get advice with rinse less/waterless detailing products and their benefits. Over the years detailing I’ve used the garden hose and a bucket of detailing soap & water (two bucket method) to wash the dirt off mine and ours cars. I currently don’t use any rinse less/ waterless products. In the winter months my detailing comes close to a standstill. My thinking is these products could open doors to more business in the colder months.
My questions:
• Does rinse less/ waterless products solve my colder month’s problem to detail?
• How dirty is too dirty when the rinse less/ waterless detailing will not work?
• Time savings over hose and two bucket method?
• Products you recommend.
• Procedure Tips.

Thank you in advance!
Greg

2old2change
01-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Greg in the midwest, where I live, rinseless and waterless is a life saver. At this current time it's 5 degrees and heading lower. I have a heated shop but without running water. I can ONR a car with little to no mess left on the floor. If a car is barely dirty but in need of other correction steps I may use Chemical Guys EcoSmart first. Now common sense comes into play and when a car shows up with a ton of dirt and salt overspray, a trip to the local quarter wash or touchless is in order.If its borderline between ONR and a trip to the coin-op I might try a pre-spray first to see what process is necessary. I have found that the "Garry Dean Wash Method' of a single bucket saves time and is extremely safe for this type of wash.

mwoolfso
01-22-2013, 01:11 PM
A waterless wash would be a good addition to your arsenal. For me, too much dirt would be when I see a very noticeable film on the vehicle or if it is just plain dirty; you know what I mean?

If we are at the "noticeable film" or "plain dirty" stage, then a rinseless wash would do well but the tradeoff is that your hands will get wet for sure.

Your time savings would probably be in your preparation and cleanup phases, since those would be almost eliminated compared to a 2-bucket wash.

As for products, I have used DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss, Optimum No-rinse and Ultima Waterless Wash+. Any one would work as a rinseless and waterless (varying the dilution ratio).

For waterless washes UWW+ is the best; not that there is anything wrong with DP or ONR.

For rinseless, still use a 2-bucket method and have a good amount of MF towels at the ready.

Wors
01-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Few Links from Mike to help:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/57429-how-use-pinnacle-liquid-crystal-waterless-wash-carnauba.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23602-how-dirty-too-dirty-safely-use-rinseless-wash.html

How-use-rinseless-car-wash (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-videos/24335-show-car-garage-video-how-use-rinseless-car-wash.html)

My Detailing Guys
01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Great helpful replies from all, thank you very much :dblthumb2:
I also live in the midwest today's temp. with wind chill -8.