PDA

View Full Version : How often to clean Wash Mitts

WRXINXS
01-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Hey guys,

I have a Cobra Micro Chenille mitt and a 1z Einszett wash mitt. They are both machine washable. Do you guys machine/hand wash and dry your mitts after every car wash or do you let them go several washes before washing? I have Micro-Restore and I guess I will either soak the mitts in a bucket with some Mircro-Resorte, rinse out then put in the dryer or just go ahead and machine wash on low then dry. I have just been spraying them out with a hose and letting them air dry after a car wash.

Thanks,
Drew

Caleb@ImpeccableImage
01-22-2013, 10:36 AM
I machine wash mine after every single use. I dont want to chance scratching mine/ or someone elses paint. After I wash a car I will scrub it against my grit guard releasing any trapped contaminants then rinse it out really well, throw it in the wash then toss it in the dryer on low heat.

Pureshine
01-22-2013, 11:02 AM
I machine wash mine after every single use. I dont want to chance scratching mine/ or someone elses paint. After I wash a car I will scrub it against my grit guard releasing any trapped contaminants then rinse it out really well, throw it in the wash then toss it in the dryer on low heat.
I clean mine after ever use all so.

DRT BRD
01-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Everytime they are used they get washed. I do a lot of regulars that I maintain and I don't like to create more work for me that doesn't "pay". After so many uses they either get thrown out or moved to the wheels, barrels etc.

Bamafire
01-22-2013, 11:08 AM

+ 2 Also clean mine after each use.

Derrick
01-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Immediately after I use them, they get washed, and they still look new after a few years of having them.

Derrick

Setec Astronomy
01-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Like the other guys, I have lots and lots of wash media, after use I let them dry on the grit guard, then throw them in a bucket until I have enough to machine wash--so only used once before being machine washed.

SON1C
01-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Lol... I seldom wash mine
I rinse them out thoroughly after each use sometimes use apc to take it a step further, just pull the grit guard out, my chenille is more finicky and requires more maintenance however I'm in love with it

umi000
01-24-2013, 04:26 AM
I use those MF noodle/dreadlock mitts, so I wash them after every use - I wouldn't want to risk any dirt remaining on them marring the paint during my next.

lawrenceSA
01-24-2013, 07:17 AM
I also use the chenille wash mitts and they get washed after each use. No use risking leaving some dirt behind and scratching the next car that gets washed