PDA

View Full Version : It was a BAD day today....

Pages : [1] 2 3

Al-53
05-03-2007, 02:52 PM
The last couple of days I was finishing off my truck....Adding a sealant and doing the trim....yesterday I had the second coat of 105 on the truck but I was doing a lot of projects at one time....so I forgot I had it on truck and it stayed on overnite..no biggie....I just buffed it off this morning....came of real easy

Well this morning the dealership calls and said my part was in to come have it installed....it was a oil pan gasket ..it had a slight wet spot so they needed to fix it under warranty...

I get there and they take the truck..I tell them do the fuel filter also since I had 14,000 on it...they give me a loaner since they said about 2 hours....I live 30 miles away so I go to the Mall....

I get back and they said all the work was done and everything looked fine....But then he said a overhead lube line broke and got some oil on the truck...so they said they washed and cleaned the oil off....

Now I just spent 8 hours polishing it to near perfection a week or so ago...

I went out and seen my truck ..I freaked....it was all swirled up...I mean bad...I went in and asked what they washed my truck with..a stick...

He said we ran it thru the brush wash and then had to scrub it since the oil was not all off....Him and I went round and round...I was yelling....he said..Let me have our detailer buff it out for you....He said I will give you a free oil change if that helps...I said stick the oil up your arse ..I do not use your oil and I left...I believe if I stayed there 5 more minutes...there may have been a 911 call and I was going to jail...

now my hard work is spoiled...the truck looks swirled bad..they must have used shop towels to wipe it down and scrub the oil...

Sorry for the rant..But I need a drink

Al

scottgt
05-03-2007, 03:06 PM
hey man sorry to hear that..

Surfer
Our dealers know not to touch our cars with any wash product. Even at high end sports car dealers I've seen them use dirty teryy towels to dry down.....

chu
That sucks! I used to be a dealership detailer, not all of us are the same. I think you should go back and have them pay you for the labor you're about to put in again!!! GL

Pats300zx
05-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Sorry to hear that Al. There is nothing more frustrating than to have your hard work go down the drain. It seems that you walking away was the best thing you could have done.

Sometimes I just hate dealerships...:mad:

FloridaNative
05-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh man that SUCKS!!!! I would be livid too. So sorry to hear that man. :( :cheers:

Mike T
05-03-2007, 03:20 PM
You should have seen what my car (which is black) looked like when I got it back from accident repair shop. I think my jaw scraped the gravel. Swirls and over-spray everywhere. The icing on the cake was when I sat down in the car, I looked in the backseat and there on the floor is dirty xxx crusty dried up wannabe "absorber". I picked it up and it kept the perfect form of crumpled up paper. Needless to say it took awhile to get the paint back to what I thought was even decent.

P1et
05-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Unbelievable, sorry to hear that Al! After my dealership screwed up when changing my oil and leaning over my fenders a little too much, they now know to be super anal about it. Every single time my truck goes in anywhere, I am super friendly to everyone and thank them for taking good care of it.

Do you have pics of the truck?

P1et
05-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Hey Al, is there any way they could pay you for your work? When my truck was oversprayed, they at least gave me $70...

Al-53
05-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks....I would never let them wash my truck..but in this case they spilled about 2 gallons of Rear end oil on it when a overhead line broke...I just went out and looked it over more....there was still oil in the fender hood space in side the engine compartment...you can smell it..that oil has a distinct smell...

Looks like another day of polishing the truck again...Glad one of my orders from Ireland came in as I was just about out of menzerna polishes...

Stuff like this goes up my arse a mile...

Al

P1et
05-03-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm still convinced they owe you something! I say that you detail the thing, then make up and invoice and send it to the dealership.

It's worth trying!

Al-53
05-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm still convinced they owe you something! I say that you detail the thing, then make up and invoice and send it to the dealership.

It's worth trying!

I am very seriously thinking of this....but i need to cool down a bit before I call them ..I may stop there after work tomorrow since it is close to my work..and also the owner will be there as I was told...cause I wanted to speak to him today....

Al

joe.p
05-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Sorry to hear you a bad day AL..The right thing to do is have the dealer pay you to detail your truck but it may not be worth the hassle. i'm glad to hear the polish buffed right off..

well there goes not having a drink today lol..

Tex Star Detail
05-03-2007, 04:04 PM
AL, I'll write you up an invoice! LOL Go ahead and detail it, then tell them I drove all the way from Texas to detail it, so that is an extra charge. Tell them I specialize in rear end oil removal........wait, that sounds a bit weird..... just oil removal! LOL
Maybe somewhere around $1500? LOL
I'll take 500, you can keep the 1K....haha

Easy Money man! C'mon!!!!!

Fog Runner
05-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Man, sorry to hear that, that really sucks. I know how you feel, I did mine about 1.5 months ago had it in the garage for 4 days working on it, the day after I took it out I went to Home Depot and come out to a dent in the side of my door. Had the paintless dent repair done one week later, came out perfect, then my washer broke. Got in the truck and went to Sears, come out and my wife says what is that white stuff all over your bumper, I walk around the truck and sure enough someone had swiped the bumper. I went home and buffed it out right away, but ofcourse all of the paint came off but now I have some scratches about 4-5" long on the bumper cap. It never fails, seems like the better care you try to take care of your things, the less courtesy others have for them. Oh and just to let you know I am the idiot that parts out in the middle of the lot away from everyone and this stuff still happened. It drive me nuts that it was things that I had no control over.
FR