PDA

View Full Version : Depressed...then I did the unthinkable...

Pages : [1] 2 3

CaneCharger
01-21-2013, 07:08 PM
I took both my Jeep Wrangler and my wife's Jeep Limited through the car wash...aauughhhh

I have not done this in over three years...but moving from Atlanta (where I had a garage, lights, space) to moving to Ohio with no garage, I HAD TO DO SOMETHING!!!!

With the salt, grime...etc. They were looking horrible. Oh, it has been in the teens this week...

I just say to myself in spring I will have to do a deep cleaning...

So depressing...

Fishincricket
01-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Hopefully you were able to find a brushless, at least?!?

dad07
01-21-2013, 07:18 PM
I took both my Jeep Wrangler and my wife's Jeep Limited through the car wash...aauughhhh

I have not done this in over three years...but moving from Atlanta (where I had a garage, lights, space) to moving to Ohio with no garage, I HAD TO DO SOMETHING!!!!

With the salt, grime...etc. They were looking horrible. Oh, it has been in the teens this week...

So depressing...

Well.......my son....

5 hail Mike's

and you'll be forgiven!

Chris's FX4
01-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Hopefully you were able to find a brushless, at least?!?
x2. I really hope it was a touchless.

Unfortunately, a touchless car wash is the only option for some of us in the winter. -6* where I'm at so I won't be able to get all the winter grime off mine for a while.

CaneCharger
01-21-2013, 07:19 PM
NOOOOOOOO....It was not touchless!

AAUUUGGHHHH....

And I know better, but needed it to get clean

Chris's FX4
01-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Oh man, now I'm depressed too. I remember how beautiful you had those Jeeps looking.

SON1C
01-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Oh man, now I'm depressed too. I remember how beautiful you had those Jeeps looking.

lol me 3, comeon!
just get one of those pump sprayers like the kwazers iirc that can jet water pretty hard, then fill it with warm water, and blast the vehicle diy style

cpmatthew
01-21-2013, 07:34 PM
I take my pick up truck through the brushless during winter months to keep the salt rinsed off. My wife has been driving her explorer through a "soft brush" car wash, building up swirls for me to fix this summer.

CaneCharger
01-21-2013, 07:39 PM
lol me 3, comeon!
just get one of those pump sprayers like the kwazers iirc that can jet water pretty hard, then fill it with warm water, and blast the vehicle diy style

Yeah...so cold here!!! LOL

Mazda.Mark
01-21-2013, 07:47 PM
I hear ya, I have to hit touchless while in Indiana with no garage too.

Midwest lifestyle!

Hey, gives you something to look forward to this spring!

Cheers

hoyt66
01-21-2013, 07:49 PM
It's cold here in Michigan too. I do the brushless. It doesn't do that great of a job but gets me close enough to DPRWG on it in the driveway. Don't be

depressed about it. You have the knowledge to fix it. Look at as creating some Spring time therapy sessions!!

CaneCharger
01-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Yeah, it does give me an excuse to try CG Black Wax!!!

BobbyG
01-21-2013, 08:03 PM

So depressing...

There, there. it's OK Jeff, your cars were very dirty as you said; You gad to do something.......We've all been there and look on the bright side, spring is just around the corner....well maybe the next corner......:props:

weekendwarrior
01-21-2013, 08:06 PM
In the same boat as you , no garage cold winters, you need to get them clean using rinseless wash, coupled with waterless wash solution if really dirty aka GDM on the days when its 38 and above, using warm water, it works very well.

However now that it below 20 for the high...forget it. Find a touchless, you will need it.

CaneCharger
01-21-2013, 08:07 PM
There, there. it's OK Jeff, your cars were very dirty as you said; You gad to do something.......We've all been there and look on the bright side, spring is just around the corner....well maybe the next corner......:props:

LOL - Bobby, it is cold up here!!!