PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz uk ed...did I mess it up???

Success
01-20-2013, 08:08 PM
I applied this to my wife's enclave and am now worried I didn't use enough. I used about 1/4 of a 30cc bottle and followed the instructions/videos to a t. But I am wondering if "a little goes a long way" doesn't apply to coatings? Is it possible I didn't use enough? The beading is ok and the sheeting is minimal...otherwise the car looks great.
I washed it today for the first time and am wondering if it was just so dirty that it affected the properties?
Thanks guys.

supercharged
01-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Shake the bottle well before using. Average car takes about 15 ml...

Avi@CarPro
01-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Hi
from your post it sound you used too little, you mean round 8ml for whole car??
what car is it?

if it went ok and you wiped off after short time it is ok,
car can get as dirty as you want, thats no problem.
if it was cold weather you applied the car, you need to let it cure some time, best way is to feel the surface while wiping off, it need to feel tacky/sticky feeling removal..light resistance to your hand mf wipe.

if you still not happy, you can apply second coat now, just make sure its dry and prepared for another coat.

Success
01-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Yea prob only used 8ml. I was thinking I needed it apply it thin like cquartz. I'm just gonna reapply next wash

swanicyouth
01-21-2013, 11:29 AM
I think my application of OptiCoat too thin contributed to its failure 6 mos later. However, I put in on the wheels of both cars heavier and that seems to be holding up well - and they are cleaned frequently with wheel cleaners and a brush. I never have used CQ, but I used about 8cc of OC to cover my SUV and it failed. The good thing is, you have enough left to do it again.

Success
01-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Yea. I've been talking to Corey and he thinks its ok, but he also clarified for me that with uk, it needs to be a little thicker than regular cquartz bc there will be residue to buff off after regular cquartz application. This is not the case with uk.