PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

6LS2
05-03-2007, 07:43 AM
Hey Guys,
I just ordered some products, and I just have a few questions regarding them.

Pinnacle XMT 360

I've heard alot of good about this product, so I thought I'd grab it. Just a few questions. Regarding its cutting ability, how strong is it? What does it compare to? ( XMT1, XMT2 etc ) If I was to use XMT 360 with a LC Orange pad, would I go straight to the Gray pad to apply Wax afterwards? Can I apply MaxWax after 360 or will it not work because of the sealent? Do I have to wait to apply Wax or can I apply it straight after?

PoorBoys Leather Stuff

I bought this product because its a cleaner/conditioner/protectant at the same time. But I have heard a few things like you need to buff the leather or something? Do I just put the Leather Stuff on a MF Applicator and work it in? How long do I work it in for?

Wolfgang Spot Remover

Can this product be used on any part of the interior? Including leather. Do I need to wait for it or can I spray and start working it in with a brush straight away?

DP MaxWax

Would this product be better applied with a PC or by hand? Do I have to work it or do I just cover the area then remove it? Is it better to wax the whole car then buff it off, or a panel at a time?

Thanks

6LS2

scottgt
05-03-2007, 10:55 AM
wax is best applied by hand...more control....some people like to apply wax by PC but i like to do it by hand....thats my 2 cents

Gary Sword
05-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Of the products you listed I have only tried XMT 360. I only used it once so far and it was on a white van which made it a harder to tell how well it did getting the swirls out. The van is almost 3 years old and sits out side 24/7. If was the first time I had polished it. It had a lot of lite swirls and the XMT 360 took most of them out. My first impression would be that it cut as good as XMT #2 but I'll have to use it some more to really tell.

sparkie
05-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Pinnacle XMT 360

I've heard alot of good about this product, so I thought I'd grab it. Just a few questions. Regarding its cutting ability, how strong is it? What does it compare to? XMT 2 with edge 2K yellow pad at speed 6. If I was to use XMT 360 with a LC Orange pad, would I go straight to the Gray pad to apply Wax afterwards? Can I apply MaxWax after 360 or will it not work because of the sealent? Best to do wax by hand. Yes top 360 with it. Do I have to wait to apply Wax or can I apply it straight after? Go ahead apply on top of 360.

PoorBoys Leather Stuff

I bought this product because its a cleaner/conditioner/protectant at the same time. But I have heard a few things like you need to buff the leather or something? Do I just put the Leather Stuff on a MF Applicator and work it in? How long do I work it in for? Never used it.
Wolfgang Spot Remover

Can this product be used on any part of the interior? Including leather. Do I need to wait for it or can I spray and start working it in with a brush straight away? Never used it.

DP MaxWax

Would this product be better applied with a PC or by hand? Do I have to work it or do I just cover the area then remove it? Is it better to wax the whole car then buff it off, or a panel at a time? Do one body part at a time, then wipe off.